Recording OTA Live Broadcasts
The USB ATSC tuner I just received didn't pick up any of the 3 OTA channels available. (Antenna direct to TV got 2 out of 3). My next move based on a number of recommendations is an HDHomeRun Connect or Extend. Even though I found a supplier (that doesn't overcharge like an Axxxxn.ca market place seller is), the HDHR is still 3-4 times more expensive.

My understanding was with an HDHR Connect or Extend and a RPi2 running OpenELEC plus the TV and antenna I would not only be able to watch live OTA TV but record the same OTA broadcast on the RPi2 to watch later. I just watched a HDHR video on the Kodi website with Kodi running on a laptop and the fellow said you couldn't record.

So before I order an HDHR, with the equipment just listed will I be able to record OTA live broadcasts?
RPi2 - OpenELEC v6.0.3 - Kodi v15 - HDHR Connect HDHR4-2US(CA) v2015.11.09
I wanted to delete this message, but I can't. I had this problem before and it's back.

Please see new message below.
I wanted to delete this message, but I can't. I had this problem before and it's back.

I've removed my previous couple of questions as they were taking me around in circles and I looked rather "stunned". Unfortunately the delete function won't work for me again so I left the delete message.

I've reread the PVR info on the Kodi website and despite the video throwing me a curve the web info reconfirms my understanding that Kodi on the RPi2 with OpenELEC and the HDHomeRun are an optimum combination.

I just order the HDHR Connect rather than the Extend as I saw no contradictory statements anywhere indicating it was needed for OTA recording.

Please excuse my PVR ignorance. For me all this new technology with new buzzwords is a leaning experience. Rereading information on the Kodi site has helped.
This is what I use to create my inexpensive DVR, and yes, the RPi2 will probably work better. Anyway, this is just an example that I use for my DVR and it works great from me.

Inexpnesive DVR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording OTA Live Broadcasts0