Linux How to run KODI on startup ... in Kodibuntu?
So I installed Kodibuntu on a PC and decided to do apt-get update;;apt-get dist-upgrade.

I then rebooted the computer and found (to my surprise) that Kodi was uninstalled during the upgrade process and the system booted up to lubuntu.

I then installed kodi (apt-get install kodi).

How do I get the system to bring up the Kodi application on reboot now? It seems that it will default to the lubuntu desktop now.
(2016-02-14, 19:58)mmcmonster Wrote: How do I get the system to bring up the Kodi application on reboot now? It seems that it will default to the lubuntu desktop now.

On most DesktopManager login screens there is an option for different desktops. There should be a 'Kodi' option. I assume for Lubuntu it might be LXDM? Not sure, haven't use lxde for some years. I'd go looking there.
There's a selection icon on the top right corner of the screen (it was difficult to figure out what it does).

When I selected it, Kodi was one option, the other two were lubuntu options. Unfortunately, when I select it and then reboot, I still end up with the lubuntu desktop.
(2016-02-15, 01:15)mmcmonster Wrote: There's a selection icon on the top right corner of the screen (it was difficult to figure out what it does).

When I selected it, Kodi was one option, the other two were lubuntu options. Unfortunately, when I select it and then reboot, I still end up with the lubuntu desktop.

When you reboot your computer again select Kodi from the top right corner of login screen, type your username and password
and login to Kodi. Once Kodi has loaded, reboot your computer.

Does it still show the login screen again?

If it does, then your LightDM configuration may have changed and needs to be fixed.
Is kodi-standalone installed?
Kodibuntu (wiki)

Read this...especially the 'desktop mode' section. I added screenshots to that wiki to see what the others are talking about.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to run KODI on startup ... in Kodibuntu?0