Release MatchCenter - Football information for Kodi
Match Center

Match Center is a program addon tailored for Kodi that you can execute as a standalone addon or map to a remote key on your keyboard. It brings football information to your screen, namely livescores for the live matches, event information (such as goals, substitutions, yellow cards, redcards) and allows you to see the line-ups and formations of both teams. Appart from livescores information it presents an easy and intuitive way of checking league tables of the most common football leagues. Clicking on each team, previous and next matches are displayed. It integrates with twitter saving a twitter hash in combination with the filename of the media you are watching. So, you can easily check what others are saying about your team or about the event on twitter.

Powered by: http://www.thesportsdb.com

Source Code:
https://github.com/enen92/script.matchcenter

Licence:
GPL V2.0

Installation:
This addon is available in the Kodi official repository for versions equal or above Kodi 17 - Krypton. It depends on script.module.twitter, script.module.pytz and script.module.thesportsdb all available in the official repository.

Known issues:

-It might not be possible to ignore some leagues (e.g. Argentina). Please report any bugs you might find or suggestions.

Issues that cannot be fixed:
-Data returned from the database is sometimes merely informative. That being said, we only have access to the formations and to the arrays of team members (defense,midfielders,forwarders). Absolute positions on the screen are impossible to obtain so the addon is likely to present the players in wrong positions in the defense, midfield or attack.

Issues you can fix:
-Some league table information might be incorrect. Matches are imported everyday to thesportsdb database and the tables are calculated based on the score list. Sometimes errors can occur. You can help by checking the result list for the league and season in question and correct the results so the table can be calculated correctly.

Be aware the addon is in alpha stage.

To-do list:
-Self contained skin
-Finish twitter (add timedelta information)
-Allow external calls for the several windows available
-Build a default skin that can work in any kodi skin
-Port/skin for the most popular kodi skins (skins on the official repository only) (Confluence and Nox need further work)
-Bug fixes (help by reporting if not in the known issues list)

Screenshots (new version - krypton):
watch gallery

Screenshots (older version):
watch gallery

Issues or suggestions welcome.
Suggestions and artwork are also welcome.

Regards
Great work, subbed.
Just noticed that in Krypton some dialogs have changed (namely dialogselect.xml and dialogkaytoast.xml) so the addon needs a few adjustments to work for krypton Smile It was developed and tested in isengard. Have not tested Jarvis.

edit: fixed
Great work m8 Wink testing in a bit Smile
Awesome work man Big Grin
enen92,
Very nice! Thank you.
Works perfectly with Xonfluence on 16 RC3.
Cool. Will take a look.

Just curious: how often is the live score data updated? Is it worth me porting my livescore service to use data from thesportsdb?
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Updates every 5mins.

I'd personally keep your add-on BBC as thats still the best source or live updates.
No problem. I hopefully have some spare time this week so will see if I can get round to adding the score ticker.
Yes BBC livescores is the most accurate addon for livescores. This one suffers a bit from delay and the goal is also something a bit different (extended info basically) Smile

Cheers
El_Paraguayo,
Again thank you for this.
Any chance of adding team position ranking in league tables please?
Right now unless one manually counts whilst scrolling, there is really no way to know if a team is 10th, 14th or whatever.

Thanks again.
OTinley, don't thank me, this isn't my work!!
(2016-02-15, 22:13)OTinley Wrote: El_Paraguayo,
Right now unless one manually counts whilst scrolling, there is really no way to know if a team is 10th, 14th or whatever.

Thanks again.

I'll add it after dinner on behalf of el_paraguayo Tongue
(2016-02-15, 23:03)enen92 Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 22:13)OTinley Wrote: El_Paraguayo,

Thanks again.

I'll add it after dinner on behalf of el_paraguayo Tongue

My apologies for giving credits to the wrong party.
I must ask El_Paraguayo to repackage those sentiments of gratitude and please rightfully send them to enen92.
I will gladly cover costs associated with the transfer.Blush
No problem, no one here lives for or seek credits Smile
By the way, since you obviously like and follow football it is always a good time to recommend the bbclivescores service addon by el_paraguayo. It's pretty amazing so check it out in case you have missed it (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=196499)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MatchCenter - Football information for Kodi1