TV recording on WHS 2011 with DBviewer/Kodi
Hi,
iam a Kodi newbie. I used WMC since 8 years and it was OK, but now is time for a change.
I have a WHS 2011 running and two WMC 8.1 clients. They record TV and store it on the server. So you can watch the recording from one or the another client or both. That's WMC together with a tool comes from WHS 2011 connecting service.
I trying to do the same now with Kodi clients. I have changed one allready from WMC to Kodi. Now under Windows 10. Anyway PVR with DBviewer runs and iam happy. It's a lot better than WMC I think.
Now my problem I tryed allready to bring the DBviewer with its recording service to record on the WHS 2011 Server. It's not possible so far. It allways record to the local SSD of the client.
My question. Is there a way or addon whitch is able to move the recorded TV from the client to the Server?
And then is there a possibility to have a common Recording Folder for the two clients?
That's the way my WMC solution was/is working.

Thank you so far

Sascha
So your clients are both clients and tv backends? And your server is just a place to store your files?

You can point the recording folder to a network shared directory: http://en.dvbviewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Se...er_options

However I'm doubtful you can setup multiple recording services to add their recordings to a common database. But it's better you ask the dvbviewer team about this.
Hi there,
I dont have any knowledge on KODI. As per my knowledge i can say, No 2 servers can access common database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV recording on WHS 2011 with DBviewer/Kodi0