• 21(current)
Release Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)
Tongue 
(2017-10-23, 05:34)skybird1980 Wrote: The Option for the Background is on the same place you added the custom categories.
https://abload.de/img/screenshot00128sgw.png down there right. Hintergrund -> Background Big Grin

Thank you very much! I must have been blind...
(2017-10-14, 18:28)btotaku Wrote: Really happy with your Skin but one thing is bugging me:
i noticed you fixed the audio overlay when browsing pictures and watching a slideshow, good improvement!
I have a suggestion which will make it even better:
If you browser pictures manually and stay in a picture the overlay will hide after 5 seconds, but in the next picture it will be displayed again and hide again.
Would it be possible to hide the audio overlay permanently (or as long as you trigger some audio-related action?) when browsing fullscreen pictures (for ex.
you open the first picture, audio overlay is displayed and hides after 5 seconds AND stays hidden as long as you leave the picture module/add-on?).
That would be really great to have so you can enjoy the fullscreen picture view without the annoying audio overlay.
Apart from that: amazing skin! ;-)

Hi btotaku.

Thanks so much for the kind words and support.

I really don't browse pictures much, which is also why the audio overlay hasn't been touched for ages. But I'll look into it as soon as possible.
I'll get back soon! Wink
Thank You, Am back with Rapier as it has options to theme the look that suits me Smile, One thing tough The fonts have changed in the new Rapier skin from this font "old xbmc font" to this font "new kodi font" and so my question is if there is a way to get the old font to be used in kodi as I myself find it more perfect for me, And again thank you.
(2017-10-28, 15:39)ThePoetStefan Wrote: Thank You, Am back with Rapier as it has options to theme the look that suits me Smile, One thing tough The fonts have changed in the new Rapier skin from this font "old xbmc font" to this font "new kodi font" and so my question is if there is a way to get the old font to be used in kodi as I myself find it more perfect for me, And again thank you.

Hi Stefan.

Glad to have you back! Wink

I changed the categories to move away from the "old" method, where all categories are made from images, and also to keep the design up to date. Now the categories are regular text labels and much easier to maintain, change and also faster.
The thread where people could ask for custom category names are no longer needed (as people can change the names themselves) and the skin size is drastically reduced.

To get the old categories back, you'll have to downgrade to a skin version before the update and stick with that forever. Smile
(2017-10-28, 22:21)Gade Wrote: [quote='ThePoetStefan' pid='2660490' dateline='1509197946']
Thank You, Am back with Rapier as it has options to theme the look that suits me Smile, One thing tough The fonts have changed in the new Rapier skin from this font "old xbmc font" to this font "new kodi font" and so my question is if there is a way to get the old font to be used in kodi as I myself find it more perfect for me, And again thank you.

Hi Stefan.

Glad to have you back! Wink

I changed the categories to move away from the "old" method, where all categories are made from images, and also to keep the design up to date. Now the categories are regular text labels and much easier to maintain, change and also faster.
The thread where people could ask for custom category names are no longer needed (as people can change the names themselves) and the skin size is drastically reduced.

To get the old categories back, you'll have to downgrade to a skin version before the update and stick with that forever. Smile

_____
Glad to be back Smile

And thank you for a fast reply, I se the point of this and to be able to change the names are all good and the minimizing of skin size, but can I change the fonts to whatever font I would wish by downloading a font plus size change and possition on the home screen or is that maybe something for a future option setting perhaps Wink

you see my point is that I like to have only 3 options on home screen ,Videos,System & Power to show and not as double as I was able to do in the XBMC Skin, plus to choice the Font would be awsome as I have a Pirate Theme as a fan of P.O.T.C movies and there are some pirat fonts that would go great with the theme, but I love to be back on Rapier though as it has everything else in my taste......But the things mentioned would be a big plus Smile

Have a grand evening now Gade and thank you again.
I changed the font, so almost there Smile Just need to space it to delete double namned This is the look so far https://imgur.com/a/TaesK
I Think this look has to do for now for me Smile
In Use Right Now

This is what I meant in previous postings, I would need it to show only 3 cathogory as in XBMC and not the two EXTRA doubles, can this be in the next update of the skin? ,Would be great.

ThanX.
You can switch between the 5 font sets provided by the skin.
I'm not going to add a skin option to manually choose the home screen category font, so to do this, you'll have to manually edit the skin (like you already did).

It's a pretty sweet pirate theme you have created. Wink
To only show the 3 categories, you can either change the categories container (id=850 in includes_Home.xml) from wraplist to fixedlist.
Or you can change the itemlayout width to something like 425 and the focusedlayout width to something like 430 (and keep a fixedlist container).

Just remember that all custom edits are overwritten each time the skin is updated.
It was not really that hard for me to change the font, but others less understandable of editing .xml files may ,Just thought it would be a cool idea of a easy way to change the fonts but do not get me wrong I do understand.
Tried to set it up as you said and got the 3 cathogories but they still moves to the sides in 3, can't get them to stay in the middle, tired the second thing you mentioned but did not understand where the Keep a fixedlist container?, there is a fixedlist in itemlayout but i'm sure that was not what you meant.
So for the moment I added two more cathogories to fil it out.

Thank You Gade it is a work in progress, there is still some changes I wan't to make to the fonts within Video lists and some player fonts and images and so on Smile, it do take a lot of time changing stuff and with trial and failure along the way -but he he- that is the fun of it if the end resoult turn out great and as wanted Wink

I know it do overwrite stuff when updated and I do keep .xml files saved to replace the default so not to have to do it over again, but if a big change come along I deal with it later Smile

Need to say you and all skinners do a grand jobb at what you do, I know the time it takes going through it all and I'm at ave at some things you and other skinners do (The time of it all).

Have a great eve.
In previous post i forgot to ask is there away to keep all 3 catogories focused so they do not move and are stuck in possition? maybe this mess up keyboard -hmm- but should work with mouse right? but keyboard could work on stucked catohories with a ghosthly shadow on top moveable just over the 3 catogories right? ,I mean is it possible to set this up?
This is how far I come with the theme look for now, I changed the font to a more readable font, Here is some pics My Kodi In Use
I do not think the moving of the 3 catogories at the home page is a big problem as I got used to it Smile
oh and i changed a thing your homizio nova font to biker-bones by simply renaming biker-bones to homizio nova as it was faster and easier as I wanted most fonts this way Smile
(2017-10-14, 18:28)btotaku Wrote: Really happy with your Skin but one thing is bugging me:
i noticed you fixed the audio overlay when browsing pictures and watching a slideshow, good improvement!
I have a suggestion which will make it even better:
If you browser pictures manually and stay in a picture the overlay will hide after 5 seconds, but in the next picture it will be displayed again and hide again.
Would it be possible to hide the audio overlay permanently (or as long as you trigger some audio-related action?) when browsing fullscreen pictures (for ex.
you open the first picture, audio overlay is displayed and hides after 5 seconds AND stays hidden as long as you leave the picture module/add-on?).
That would be really great to have so you can enjoy the fullscreen picture view without the annoying audio overlay.
Apart from that: amazing skin! ;-)

Hi again.

Would it be an idea to only show the dialog:
  • When entering the pictures window
  • When idle for 5 seconds AND a new song begins

Before the dialog was displayed
  • When idle for 5 seconds
Which meant that the dialog will show every time you manually change the picture.
Quote:Hi again.

Which meant that the dialog will show every time you manually change the picture.
Hi Gade, that would definitely be a good improvement. I guess its only reasonable to show the overlay when a new song beginns as this event has some informational value.
Would vote for that, BIG thanks for checking on such a small improvement request! ;-)
Sad 
I can not see my submenus i just created on two of my menus
(2017-11-06, 20:32)btotaku Wrote:
Quote:Hi again.

Hi Gade, that would definitely be a good improvement. I guess its only reasonable to show the overlay when a new song beginns as this event has some informational value.
Would vote for that, BIG thanks for checking on such a small improvement request! ;-)

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.
Turns out it's not that simple, but I'll give it another try soon.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)2