• 25(current)
Release Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)
(2018-02-09, 06:21)Pitman33 Wrote: thanks gade, i got it sorted out

Great, thanks.
Anyone still using the tv tunes add-on?

I have seen reports of it not working anymore, and since it is banned I'm heavily considering removing support from Kodi 18 Leia.

Also the addon VideoExtras will be removed, since it's not an official addon anymore - and there's a newer addon replacing it: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
(2018-02-07, 00:28)Temujin Wrote: Great, and yep if I could get/enable an option to get artwork from the menu that would be awesome and save me some clicks.

Thanks for the info, regarding the set logo one, I never get an option to select a logo or have a logo show for Movie sets.
When I go to manage the set and choose art, poster and fanart are the only items available to choose.

Is there another way to add the logo to the Movie set? It's possible I'm doing it wrong Smile
I guess my question: If I have a logo for the Dark Knight trilogy/collection for example...how do I assign it to the movie set?

Thanks again!

Sorry Temujin, I've reconsidered.

As the script artwork downloader will be removed from Kodi 18 Leia, I see no reason adding new features for a dead addon.
I will keep the already coded skin support for artwork downloader, as it's still possible to make it work in Kodi 18 using an older version and disable automatic updates for that version.

In Kodi 17 it's only possible to download posters and fanart for movie sets using Kodi's built in features.
Rapier supports clear logos and clear art for movie sets, so you can either manually add them in Kodi or use artwork beef. Artwork Beef is not yet an official addon, which is why I haven't added skin support yet.

The very good news is that Universal Movie Scraper now supports clearlogo and clearart in Kodi 18.
AND there is an open PR for Kodi 18 to handle movie set artwork much better: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13564 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13563
(2018-02-22, 18:21)Gade Wrote: AND there is an open PR for Kodi 18 to handle movie set artwork much better: 13564 (PR)13563 (PR)

i like!

Also animated Covers are insane.
(2018-02-22, 21:16)skybird1980 Wrote:
(2018-02-22, 18:21)Gade Wrote: AND there is an open PR for Kodi 18 to handle movie set artwork much better: 13564 (PR)13563 (PR)

i like!

Also animated Covers are insane.

Yeah, I have all my animated posters stored locally and added manually in Kodi. This is working perfectly.
(2018-02-22, 18:21)Gade Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 00:28)Temujin Wrote: Great, and yep if I could get/enable an option to get artwork from the menu that would be awesome and save me some clicks.

Thanks for the info, regarding the set logo one, I never get an option to select a logo or have a logo show for Movie sets.
When I go to manage the set and choose art, poster and fanart are the only items available to choose.

Is there another way to add the logo to the Movie set? It's possible I'm doing it wrong Smile
I guess my question: If I have a logo for the Dark Knight trilogy/collection for example...how do I assign it to the movie set?

Thanks again!

Sorry Temujin, I've reconsidered.

As the script artwork downloader will be removed from Kodi 18 Leia, I see no reason adding new features for a dead addon.
I will keep the already coded skin support for artwork downloader, as it's still possible to make it work in Kodi 18 using an older version and disable automatic updates for that version.

In Kodi 17 it's only possible to download posters and fanart for movie sets using Kodi's built in features.
Rapier supports clear logos and clear art for movie sets, so you can either manually add them in Kodi or use artwork beef. Artwork Beef is not yet an official addon, which is why I haven't added skin support yet.

The very good news is that Universal Movie Scraper now supports clearlogo and clearart in Kodi 18.
AND there is an open PR for Kodi 18 to handle movie set artwork much better: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13564 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13563 
No worries, and I wasn't aware of the change for 18, so I'll be on the lookout for that and will adjust accordingly once it's 'ready for primetime' Smile
@Temujin

A note from the author of Artwork Downloader

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327035
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Holy, thanks for that link. What a shame.
Appreciate the info though!!
UPDATE: Rapier 10.5.14 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

The highlights are:
  • The fanart View Option setting now follows the library type: movies, tv shows, music, add-ons etc.
    This means you might have to enable or disable this setting again.
  • A skin setting has been added: Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Widgets > Hide all widget backgrounds
    Enabling this setting will hide the backgrounds for all home screen widgets, when they are focused.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
10.5.14 (8-March-18)
- Added skin setting in Backgrounds to hide all home screen widget backgrounds.
- Removed view option: "Title on top bar".
- Added LibreELEC and OpenELEC power button to "Reboot from internal".
- Added LibreELEC and OpenELEC power button "Reboot from internal" to presets dialog.
- Fanart view option setting now follows library type (movies, tv shows, music, add-ons etc.)

ENJOY!
Thanks for great skin @Gade , seems my favourite at the moment. I have a one question about pvr support. Is it possible get channel logo on the left or program fanart etc? See attached pic and you know what i mean. I dont like that picture and its in every channel.

(2018-07-10, 16:21)Jezze Wrote: Thanks for great skin @Gade , seems my favourite at the moment. I have a one question about pvr support. Is it possible get channel logo on the left or program fanart etc? See attached pic and you know what i mean. I dont like that picture and its in every channel.

Hi Jezze.

Thanks so much for the support and kind words.

Fanart will be shows if it exists.
If no fanart is available either from script.skin.helper.service or your PVR client, the image will fall back to what you see.

Do you see any fanart for that channel in other skins?

You can choose another fallback image, if you like:
SKin Settings > Media > TV / Radio > Select multi image path for tv channels / recordings
So far, IMO. This has the best looking PVR Channels/Guide.  Can you please tell me how to create a homesceen shortcut to a specific PVR Channel Group? Is there a custom favorite or custom Superfavorite action  i can use? If not, can I create a home screen shortcut to open the channel groups selection window??
Thanks, skin looks nice;

Shortcuts to a specific channel group, or at least this window??

**Another thought, possibly an option to show the channel icons on the left instead of the colored bars when threes no channel fanart?
Can you add support to use a favorite as a category addon? Or add support to navigate inside of the addon.
Thank you for taking the time to make this skin. Although I have just loaded it. It has the looks that I have been looking for!  Thank You!
(2018-08-24, 05:31)dbean Wrote: Thank you for taking the time to make this skin. Although I have just loaded it. It has the looks that I have been looking for!  Thank You!

Thanks so much for the kind words and for taking the time to write this.

It really means a lot.

Let me know if you have any questions.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)2