Help!!! 4K Nvidia shield tv mouse pointer not accurate
I'm having the exact same problem - seems to have re-surfished since 15.X ( 16.X fixed it ... although not 4k related at that time )

You can see a good video showing this exact same problem here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2660971

It's only happening when you set Kodi to 4k res ... the mouse works correctly on 1080p

I also downgrated to Kodi 17.4, the problem exists there as well ... but it's ok on 16.0 (which only supports 1080p, hence it's ok), which I downgrated to untill this problem has been fixed with Kodi 17.x running in 4k resolution.

p.s. I've done a clean install of Kodi 17.4 and 17.5(.1) ... the 4k mouse problem exists!
I then downgrated to 16.0, and because 16.0 does not support 4k (only 1080p!) it's is OK, but as soon as I upgrated from 16 to 17 the problem appears, because then 4k support kicks in, so it's linked to this 17.X version!

The only way to get the mouse to work correctly in 4k, is to use SPMC version 16.7 - it has 4k support and the mouse works,
But I really want to be able to use the 17.X 4k versions of Kodi!
I know this post is a few months old, but i just picked up a 4k set and am running into the same issue.  Does anyone know if this is going to addressed in v.18?
This has NOT been fixed ... believe it or not

I set my Nvidia Shield running Kodi 17.5 to 1080p resolution. It really sucks because I can only set it to 30fps ( vs 60fps when set to 4k ! ) but the videos do show up in 4k ( when "sync display rate" or whatever it's called in the latest version of Kodi ), when playing them but the GUI itself in Kodi is only set to 30fp maximum ... and the mouse works properly in 1080p.

I don't believe anybody is looking into this ?!#?! I hate the interface of Kodi at 30fps ... so much smoother at 60fps, when set to 4k ... but then the mouse has this problem explained in this thread.
Stop using a mouse then. You don't need one
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'll second that.  Neither the Shield nor Kodi are designed to use a mouse, there is no reason to use one.  If you are using a mouse you are doing it wrong.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I AM using a keybobard ... although I use the mouse (mouse-touchpad on the keyboard) to right click for context menu's ... because I've mapped away the "Guide" button as a context menu ( right click ) to a codec-info command.

Why is it so hard to get the mouse working properly on a 4k resolution?
Well technically, nobody “needs” Kodi either but that’s not the point. I don’t get why people don’t want to use a regular remote control for their TV viewing? (I don’t use an actual mouse, but use a MCE remote whose D-pad has the same functionality as a mouse). My family or myself are not going to start talking to the TV with Google Voice nor are we going to use 2 hands to operate a Bluetooth keyboard on device like a TV. If I wanted to use 2 hands then I would run KODI on a computer where I could sit down and use a Keyboard.

The beauty of the MCE remote is that it is a seamless transition to navigate through KODI with one hand like a normal remote that everyone is used to using. It has every function needed to operate Kodi in full except a keyboard, but for small things like typing the name of movie using the onscreen keyboard, it’s fine. If I need to do more in depth typing, then I’ll plug in a keyboard. This isn’t needed very often though.

The issue with the pointer not tracking correctly is a frustrating one since the pointer needs to line up with the object you want to use if you want to open the context menu. Using the right click mouse button on the remote opens the context menu. I know everybody understands the issue so I’m going to repeat it over again, but this one function keeps the remote from being fully functional at the 4K setting as it is at the 1080p video setting.

What I don’t understand is why SPMC has the fix integrated into the last release, but KODI has not? The mouse tracks perfectly in SPMC with 4k Video settings. The only reason I’m not fully using SPMC though is that a few addons will only work with Krypton and SPMC is at Jarvis (with 4K support).

Thanks for your time.
the reason why it hasn't been fixed is pretty simple. None of the devs uses a mouse on a 4K screen to control Kodi. While some might use a mouse to control Kodi on their desktop PCs, none is controlling Kodi with a mouse in their living room (or maybe doesn't have a 4K TV yet). So until no community dev having this issue is stepping up and fixing it, it likely won't be fixed.
As I said, stop using the mouse.

Many remotes have menu button, map it to context.

All remotes have an ok or select button. It is mapped by default to context with a long press.

Al keywords have a 'c' button, mapped by default to context. 

Stop making things hard for yourselves. Use the facilities kodi has already instead of trying to invent implausible control devices. Who has a mouse on their sofa anyway?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Who said that they use a mouse? I said that I use a remote. It has a D pad that has some functionality like a mouse. The menu button works fine when you're in 1080p mode, but then becomes unusable when switching to 4k. There's no need to map any buttons. They already work (in 1080p)

Just to be clear. The mouse functionality isn't the main way of navigating around KODI. That's done with the directional arrow keys and by dedicated playback buttons on the remote. The mouse functionality is only used to bring up the context menu.
I've never used the mouse functionality to bring up the context menu.

As suggested by @nickr, remap a remote button to bring up the context menu.
Download the Kodi Keymap Editor Addon from the Kodi Repo.

Use Global to remap any of your remote buttons to context.

Even long pressing the OK or Enter buttons on some remotes brings up the context menu.

(2018-02-17, 00:18)xDetoursx Wrote: Just to be clear. The mouse functionality isn't the main way of navigating around KODI. That's done with the directional arrow keys and by dedicated playback buttons on the remote. The mouse functionality is only used to bring up the context menu.

Which again, is not needed. You do NOT need to use the mouse feature to do anything. Even long press ENTER on a keyboard will bring up the context menu.  Long press select should already work to do the same without the need of mapping any buttons. 

As I said, if you are using a mouse you are doing it wrong. Kodi is not meant to be controlled with a mouse or mouse functions, it's meant to be used in a 10' environment using a remote.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
And most remotes I have seen that emulate a mouse, the emulation function can be switched off, which is recommended.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help!!! 4K Nvidia shield tv mouse pointer not accurate0