Req Renamer modification
First: I tried doing this on the bug tracker/feature request page, however after trying to sign up multiple time, and with multiple emails, i could get no further. I tried using the Persona option with multiple persona's, and nothing. I even did this with different browsers. So, it's broken?

Anyway, I have 3 requests for the renamer module. The first is *probably* easy, the second likely not as simple. The third is... annoying for me and could be fixed a couple of different ways, and has nothing to do with renaming.

#1, Is it possible to add an option to display 8bit or 10bit, so it's easy to identify which it is? This is mostly for identification purposes when I'm handing it off to someone so I don't have to verify they can play it. A lot of my newer files are in 10bit, and they're not always correctly identified as such, and so i have to check each of them before I copy them. It's a real pain.

#2 The more difficult one. I'm not even sure if it's even very feasible. I'd like to keep the 'group' name for downloaded stuff. Generally most stuff they put it at the back, though on anime it's at the front. But, although most of the time it's 1 word, sometimes it's not... so as I said, not sure if it's feasible at all. I was trying to figure out how to do this by using a renamer program I have to parse out anything that is even remotely video/audio codec related, then parse out the video name and date Which are always "Title Date" formatted - it's the first thing I do. If I can get that correct I'll just keep the original file name at the end of the newly renamed file, and run the renamer to parse everything and remove the duplicate title/year.

#3 Is an annoyance I ran across while using ember. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's hard to find the problem. Duplicate video names. This has happened a lot less since I moved to TMDB, but still happens. Say there are two movies named Tarzan, one made in 1930, one in 1980. Even if my original folder had the date correctly identified, sometimes Ember picks up the wrong movie. And, without going through the movies one by one, I don't always see it. This can be a problem if I use the renaming module (which currently I don't unless I've verified the movie).
To address this problem, there are multiple ways it could make it easy to identify the error. One, with an addition to match confidence that checks the year. This would make the movie stand out the most. The second add a column for folder name, making it much easier to scan through and check movie title vs folder name. Third allow some sort of export of movie data in delectable CSV format so they could be compared in a spreadsheet program. There may be other options, but those are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Last, a note. I use the mpaa rating system as often as possible (my parents wont watch R-rated movies) but I can't figure out if there is a way to display ratings by preference if there are multiple ratings (USA first, Canada second, Australia third...) so that it picks out the one to display. I'm not sure if this is possible, but its one of those other things I have to do before giving my parents movies.

Anyway, the software works 99% of the time, and does a pretty good job as is, I appreciate the maintenance and time spent on updating and modifying it. If you can add my features, great, if not, I'm still happy that the product works as well as it does. I just have to spend more time doing hand modifications and/or examining information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Renamer modification0