Xtreamer Whizz
So I finally got the device after a longer wait time. I was thinking it was a first of April joke but no.. its finally here

It's cool to see the KODI logo on the box:

Now the bad info:
- Seems they are imitatin nexus player

- DRM info shows only widvine L3 but for Netflix I think we need L1 and HDCP unsupported Sad playready also missing

- Netflix TV does not work and the mobile version seems to get only SD content
- Google cast also not working

I still need to check Dolby and DTS support when I get home.

This is my initial review since I could only test it in the office for a few minuets.
Hi all!

I saw this product online and Kodi Logo came across my eyes, are they allowed to put Kodi logo on the front of the device? It's the first time i see something like this.

After that i became more interested on this baby since i wanted a full AndroidTV box experience and the specifications are quite balanced

Came here to take a look if anyone had a sample and I stumbled on this topic.
Read everything and I have to admit it's pushing me away from a deal...

@bb_me can you please check more of this box?

It advertises Netflix, and on their website they have a picture with 4K and it's SD?
Wasn't your connection that couldn't handle the 4k?

Can you provide more info on the box?

One more thing, hope i'm not being a pain in the ass, i don't like to have piracy addons on my devices, check kodi as well.

Make a review or something Smile

Hope to read more about this
I need to decide if i buy or not!
Based on what @bb_me has posted, it looks like a cloned Google Nexus Player which could mean the entire box is running fake firmware!
(2016-04-01, 19:56)wesk05 Wrote: Based on what @bb_me has posted, it looks like a cloned Google Nexus Player which could mean the entire box is running fake firmware!

That's quite a serious accusation against a real company (Xtreamer are not some dodgy re-seller). I have a the firmware update ZIP files here and certainly can't see any evidence of it being 'fake'.

Google nexus = AndroidTV. The launcher is the same (ie. They chose to use the official Android Leanback launcher) - you will get the same in any android emulator if you set one up for AndroidTV. They used that instead of the horrible custom launcher that Minix use (or any of the other equally horrible ones that various other companies have added).

Are you seriously saying that: Using Android with default built-in Android launcher = MUST be fake firmware? What evidence do you have to back up that pretty slanderous statement, did you find software from another companies product in there they used without permission? What exactly is in the firmware that is either not part of Android official or available as Apps that makes it fake?

Yes, the box has some issues, no Xtreamer may not be the greatest company on the planet, but please keep your criticism factual and don't just make stuff up.
(2016-04-01, 19:50)Sheppard Wrote: One more thing, hope i'm not being a pain in the ass, i don't like to have piracy addons on my devices, check kodi as well.

KODI is clean with no Piracy add-ons installed. Just Yahoo Weather, Open Subtitles and Favourites.

(2016-04-02, 05:28)Gothicawakening Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 19:56)wesk05 Wrote: Based on what @bb_me has posted, it looks like a cloned Google Nexus Player which could mean the entire box is running fake firmware!

That's quite a serious accusation against a real company (Xtreamer are not some dodgy re-seller). I have a the firmware update ZIP files here and certainly can't see any evidence of it being 'fake'.

Google nexus = AndroidTV. The launcher is the same (ie. They chose to use the official Android Leanback launcher) - you will get the same in any android emulator if you set one up for AndroidTV. They used that instead of the horrible custom launcher that Minix use (or any of the other equally horrible ones that various other companies have added).

Are you seriously saying that: Using Android with default built-in Android launcher = MUST be fake firmware? What evidence do you have to back up that pretty slanderous statement, did you find software from another companies product in there they used without permission? What exactly is in the firmware that is either not part of Android official or available as Apps that makes it fake?

Yes, the box has some issues, no Xtreamer may not be the greatest company on the planet, but please keep your criticism factual and don't just make stuff up.
I made my statement based on the pictures posted. Why is it showing the brand as Google and device name as fugu? nVIDIA SHIELD is a proper Android TV device and you will not see Google or fugu on that. Also the Netflix ESN clearly indicates that it is a patched version from Google Nexus Player.

Android TV is available only to Google partners. These are the known Android TV partners: Sony, Sharp, Philips, TCL, Hisense, Razer, nVIDIA, Pace, Sagemcom, Technicolor, KDDI, Telecom Italia, Arcelik, Vestel, RCA, Bang & Olufsen, Linknet.

Can you point me to something that says Xtreamer is a Google Android TV partner?
(2016-04-02, 06:18)wesk05 Wrote: Android TV is available only to Google partners.

I wonder when I become a Google Partner? They didn't inform me or anything and my name is not listed on their website.. yet somehow I am able to download the source code!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208250

(2016-04-02, 06:18)wesk05 Wrote: Can you point me to something that says Xtreamer is a Google Android TV partner?

Can you point me to something that says Google AndroidTV is ONLY available to partners?
@wesk05 thank You for explanation. Now is obvious that they took fugu which is code name of Nexus Player, good catch.

More concerning is that this device dont have hdcp and drm's which make it useless for hq or hd streaming... :/
(2016-04-02, 09:54)Gothicawakening Wrote: I wonder when I become a Google Partner? They didn't inform me or anything and my name is not listed on their website.. yet somehow I am able to download the source code!
Access to the source code doesn't mean that you also have the same rights to use it for commercial purpose.

Quote:
(2016-04-02, 06:18)wesk05 Wrote: Can you point me to something that says Xtreamer is a Google Android TV partner?
Can you point me to something that says Google AndroidTV is ONLY available to partners?
For the time being, I am ignoring the fact that you dodged all the questions that I asked in my previous post.

How about this?

http://source.android.com/source/brands.html

I also don't see any Xtreamer device listed in Google supported devices list: https://support.google.com/googleplay/an...7131?hl=en
Hi
I appreciate if somebody could help me whit this issue below

EXTREAMER WHIZZ DON´T RECOGNIZE NTFS EXTERNAL USB DRIVE ??
Thanks
There is new xtreamer on the market, call Xtreamer mxv. Has any one had the chance to test yet, is it any good? The price is very appealing.

http://www.xtreamer.net/mxv/

Smart TV box Amlogic S905 64Bit 8G/1G WIFI Android 5.1 SetTopBox.

Specs:

Chipset:
Processor: Amlogic S905 ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core/2.0GHZ
GPU: Penta Core Mali-450

Memory:
FLASH: 8GB eMMC
SDRAM: 1GB DDR3

Dual OS:
Android Lollipop 5.1 OS (Xtreamer Android TV OS) with OTA upgrading, and Linux openELEC OS (Clean KODI 16 Pre-Installed), dual-boot and switch between them anytime.
Multilingual support as supported in Android Lollipop 5.1
We see this all the time...flashy Website promising the world and making a LOT of false claims just to sucker in the Newbies because they think they are getting a bargain.

Unless you see a professional active support forum in English, with support direct from the Seller it pays to steer well clear of any Hardware device regardless of the tech specs or price.

Be warned !

Hi,

if any one own Xteamer whizz, i need a help plz
(2017-06-20, 13:52)husain_ucv Wrote: Hi,

if any one own Xteamer whizz, i need a help plz
We can't give help in a vacuum. Describe your problem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
WiFi cable is not connected to the board and Xtreamer support not responding to me, so I hope someone have one and can tell me where to connect the WiFi antenna cable to connect on the board.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xtreamer Whizz2