tvOS Kodi and Samba 4.11.6-Ubuntu
I recently switched from Ubuntu 19.04 to 20.04 (reinstalled, not upgraded). I saved my smb.conf file from 19.04, installed samba in 20.04, put the smb.conf back and, my Mac and PC see the shares exactly where they've always been using the same credentials but Kodi on tvOS does not.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Like maybe Kodi isn't happy with Samba 4 without some extra parameters?

Of course I've tried to add a new source but have had zero luck there too.

Note: I'm on Kodi 17.6 Git: 2018-02-27-4a25e6-dirty

I can try a nightly version of Kodi but when I re-installed this in January I didn't have lots of luck with nightly.
I have the same problem with kodi 18.8

Kodi for Windows (Microsoft app version) works, whereas android and Linux version don't
(2020-09-23, 20:31)Menion2k Wrote: I have the same problem with kodi 18.8

Kodi for Windows (Microsoft app version) works, whereas android and Linux version don't

Old thread, I was never able to fix this or rather I gave up.

Instead I've been using an http server on my linux box. For me, I've been using servez,  (eg: npx servez path-to-folder). I use nvm to install node. 

There are downsides in that when I seek for some reason it often shows a warning about speed though it still seeks. Been using this solution since I asked the original question above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvOS Kodi and Samba 4.11.6-Ubuntu0