[iOS App Signer] No signing certificates found
Just so everyone knows, Apple had some certificates that expired today.

This causes iOS App Signer to report that no signing certificates are found.

Version 1.8 will detect and automatically offer to fix this issue

If you prefer to do it manually you can.

This blog post explains perfectly how to fix the certificate problem...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
I'm new to this world, and new to posting, so I hope that this is not out of place for this thread!

Anyhow - I keep trying to use the appsigner to complete the creation of the .ipa file but it won't let me add a 'signing certificate' and when I push start, it says no signing certificate selected.

Help?

I'm frustrated.. been at this for a while lol

Thanks for your help.
(2016-02-15, 05:19)fitzy0041 Wrote: I'm new to this world, and new to posting, so I hope that this is not out of place for this thread!

Anyhow - I keep trying to use the appsigner to complete the creation of the .ipa file but it won't let me add a 'signing certificate' and when I push start, it says no signing certificate selected.

Help?

I'm frustrated.. been at this for a while lol

Thanks for your help.

Read the post immediately before yours...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
I want to install the February build over January

When I open r17 app signer it says I will not be able to sign anything. Open Xcode same thing.

Tried installing the new cert but hit cancel to research further. Now when I double click it it opens the cert app but doesn't seem to prompt me or do anything.

Still says can't sign anything. Help please!
(2016-02-15, 20:27)ATVwaffles Wrote: I want to install the February build over January

When I open r17 app signer it says I will not be able to sign anything. Open Xcode same thing.

Tried installing the new cert but hit cancel to research further. Now when I double click it it opens the cert app but doesn't seem to prompt me or do anything.

Still says can't sign anything. Help please!

If you've already installed the renewed apple certificate and it still says no signing certificate found you're still missing something...

You can either try to find the missing intermediate certificates or go into keychain and manually trust your certificate

1. Open Keychain Access
  2. Select your login keychain
  3. Select the certificate, then choose File > Get Info.
  4. Click the Trust disclosure triangle to display the trust policies for the certificate.
  5. To override the trust policies, choose the trust settings you want to override from the pop-up menus.
  6. For more information, see Certificate trust policies.
I think cancelling the pop up and trying to install it after hitting cancel is where the issue is

I will try those instructions when at a computer again. Thanks!

And I'm assuming those instructions are for someone who did not install the cert?

I should have just allowed the initial pop upSad
(2016-02-15, 20:37)ATVwaffles Wrote: I think cancelling the pop up and trying to install it after hitting cancel is where the issue is

I will try those instructions when at a computer again. Thanks!

Also, see Installing Missing Intermediate Certificate Authorities before you go manually trusting the certificate

Manually trusting it works but it's not the proper way to do it and you may have issues in the future when Xcode renews your developer certificate...
This seems incredibly lengthy. What should I be on the lookout for there?
(2016-02-15, 20:43)ATVwaffles Wrote: This seems incredibly lengthy. What should I be on the lookout for there?

To install a missing intermediate certificate

1. Go to http://www.apple.com/certificateauthority.
  2. Under Apple Intermediate Certificates, click the link for the intermediate certificate you’re missing.
  3. A certificate file, with a .cer extension, appears in your Downloads folder.
  4. Double-click the certificate file to install it in your system keychain.

You can also drag the certificate into your login keychain
(2016-02-15, 20:46)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 20:43)ATVwaffles Wrote: This seems incredibly lengthy. What should I be on the lookout for there?

2. Under Apple Intermediate Certificates, click the link for the intermediate certificate you’re missing.

Neither is doing anything still get app signing error with it in the list now
(2016-02-15, 20:49)ATVwaffles Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 20:46)DanTheMan827 Wrote:

Neither is doing anything still get app signing error with it in the list now

Resetting Certificates Using Xcode
If Xcode detects an issue with a signing identity, it displays an appropriate action in Accounts preferences. If Xcode displays a Create button, the signing identity doesn’t exist in Member Center or on your Mac. If Xcode displays a Reset button, the signing identity is not usable on your Mac—for example, it is missing the private key. If you click the Reset button, Xcode revokes and re-creates the corresponding certificate.

Otherwise, you can use Member Center to revoke the certificate, as described in Revoking Certificates Using Member Center. If you are a team admin, use Member Center to revoke team member development certificates.

To revoke a certificate using Xcode

1. Choose Xcode > Preferences, and click Accounts at the top of the window.
  2. Select your team, and click View Details.
  3. In the dialog that appears, click the Reset button in the Action column for the signing identity you want to revoke and re-create.
  4. In the dialog that appears, click Done.
iOS distribution is greyed out.

iOS signing development says reset and Mac development create

Everything else not an option... Man this is irritating

Tried deleting and re adding my Apple ID same issue

I feel like I'll never be able to update the build of kodi Sad( appreciate your help so far tho
(2016-02-15, 21:00)ATVwaffles Wrote: iOS distribution is greyed out.

iOS signing development says reset and Mac development create

Everything else not an option... Man this is irritating

Tried deleting and re adding my Apple ID same issue

I feel like I'll never be able to update the build of kodi Sad(

You want to reset any certificates that Xcode will let you reset

And yeah, it is a little frustrating that Apple didn't update the certificates BEFORE they were set to expire...
So hit reset iOS signing development and it should fix it? Now away from the computer again

Yep that seemed to do nothing I think I'm screwed
Resetting both and deleting the provisioning profiles below just brings them back

http://m.imgur.com/JJoNVxr

Does Having a free dev account and 90 days have something to do with it? Can I renew or do I have to create a new Apple ID?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iOS App Signer] No signing certificates found1