Sad state of affairs
Frankly, Jarvis (at least on linux) is an embarrassment. To call this ready as a release really speaks volumes about where XMBC / KODI has fallen.
MYSQL tables do not upgrade properly.
Dropping entire MYSQL db's to circumvent the upgrade logic does not resolve the problem.
Cleaning the local databases to try and find a consistent starting point hangs and seizes KODI.

I know I know .. logs ... look I'm a software engineer and fell in love with XBMC. In fact I'm a paid supporter and happily bought merch when available to try and chip in to the cost structure.

I'm not trying to rant here, but it is useful to know why a customer leaves even in open source projects such as this. It is really hard to remain invested emotionally when solutions like Plex "just work".
My 2 cents as I throw in the towel. Thanks for what once was ... what is today is simply not worth the high levels of frustration.
Bye.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
No Debug Log no issue. But as leaving seams to be more easy that uploading a simple logfile, you already made your decision.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I know it's fairly common for power users, but MySQL is still considered an advanced and somewhat experimental feature. It will never be the "it just works" solution. For that another feature, media import, is being worked on.
To the team members who work so hard on Kodi.

Don't let this put you off. Sure, there are things that don't work well, and you do an amazing job fixing them when they are correctly reported.

Updates work really well most of the time. There will always be one system that, through no fault in Kodi, fails.

There will always be people who complain.

But most of the community, and there is inevitably a silent majority, really appreciate everything you do!

The only embarrassment I feel is for the tone of javamarket's post.
If only the Kodi Foundation got a dollar for every time someone proclaims that they're a 'software X' or they've worked in the software industry for Y years and then proceeds to provides absolutely zero useful information regarding their issue...
Database upgrades usually fail only if the user closes the application before it has completed.
(2016-02-21, 00:28)javamarket Wrote: Frankly, Jarvis (at least on linux) is an embarrassment. To call this ready as a release really speaks volumes about where XMBC / KODI has fallen.
MYSQL tables do not upgrade properly.
Dropping entire MYSQL db's to circumvent the upgrade logic does not resolve the problem.
Cleaning the local databases to try and find a consistent starting point hangs and seizes KODI.

I know I know .. logs ... look I'm a software engineer and fell in love with XBMC. In fact I'm a paid supporter and happily bought merch when available to try and chip in to the cost structure.

I'm not trying to rant here, but it is useful to know why a customer leaves even in open source projects such as this. It is really hard to remain invested emotionally when solutions like Plex "just work".
My 2 cents as I throw in the towel. Thanks for what once was ... what is today is simply not worth the high levels of frustration.

Hey this is that "reverse psychology" stuff isn't it? You pretend that you're disappointed and let down and are leaving. But really you're desperate to stay and want people to tell you "it's alright we'll make it all better" and spend loads of time helping you fix your problem.

What do I win?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sad state of affairs0