[FEATURE REQ/BUG (!)] Frustration from filtration options being reset regularly
Hello,

I am browsing my large library of films and I choose genre: animation, sort by: date added, rating: 7 and higher
Great, cool!

So I'm looking through the list of films and then a background update of my library is going on.
When this finishes, the CLEAN DATABASE process begins (I have this set to run after all updates)

2 problems.

1, when it's finished the clean database, I get 'reset' back to my ALL movies view, my filtration options have been lost which I just chose.
2, why can't the clean database window, simply run in the background? Most others do.

EDIT: Bug report filed.
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16642#ticket
Please note, it's NOT just the clean database process which will reset your filtration options. There's several different ways you can end up with your filtration reset, over and over and over again. It'd be nice if these were held for a little while.
I understand it could be frustrating for a user to forget they are filtering their view, of course - but as it stands, all kinds of combinations of things will reset my filtration options.
Anyone? This is a super annoying thing. It's verging on a bug in my opinion.
I just replaced the fanart on a movie in my collection and AGAIN the filter was cleared, Ned, are you around?
+1 on generally better filter keeping.

This has to be one of the most frustrating things about KODI:
  • Browse movies
  • Set filter (filter window on my Android box takes about 20 seconds to show up)
  • Find possible movie to watch, watch Trailer
  • After watching Trailer, Filter is reset, go back to Start
Would be great if the Filter could at least be maintained when doing something like watching a trailer or setting a personal rating for a movie.
I'm glad it's not just me. I use the Aeon Nox skin and v15 final, I don't know if it's fixed in 16 (?) but it's super frustrating. This program is over a decade old Sad
(2016-03-13, 04:56)AbRASiON Wrote: I just replaced the fanart on a movie in my collection and AGAIN the filter was cleared, Ned, are you around?

Off hand, I'm not sure.
Can you (anyone) confirm / replicate this issue with a FRESH clean install of Kodi v16 official? Once it's established it's not v15 with my skin, I can then tackle this further.

Ned should I file a bug? It's incredibly frustrating and doesn't 'feel' like it's meant to work this way?
Confirmed on a fresh, clean install of KODi 16.

Create new dummy library and made a quick video to show the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g05FCb-Mza4
Sounds like a bug to me :)
Ok who wants to file it? I'm about to watch a movie and it's 09:43pm, so I can't do it until tomorrow.
(I just got stung by thisgoddamn thing, again - for a library clean) and writing this up properly will take a good 20 minutes.

Thanks for the video, if someone else reports it, be sure to link to thread and outline causes are not just from trailer watching but also auto library cleaning, changing background fanart and so on. It happens OFTEN.
Otherwise, I'll write it up tomorrow.
Just found another, totally different bug just now too Sad it's like I'm a bug whisperer with software, sigh.
(2016-03-14, 12:44)AbRASiON Wrote: Thanks for the video, if someone else reports it, be sure to link to thread and outline causes are not just from trailer watching but also auto library cleaning, changing background fanart and so on.

.. and setting a personal rating, changing poster etc.

Basically any action that either changes the database or starts a video playing.
(2016-03-14, 12:44)AbRASiON Wrote: Ok who wants to file it?

I tried, but am unable to log into trac, getting this error:

Missing or invalid form token. Do you have cookies enabled?

Sad
Same here, I just (finally) tried - because I went to watch a movie, nearly had one chosen and then lost my god damn filter settings.
So I cracked the @#%$ and went to file bug - nope.

Trac is borked.
NED? Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FEATURE REQ/BUG (!)] Frustration from filtration options being reset regularly0