iOS [FEATURE REQ] (iOS) Touch screen lock, shortcuts require an 'activation tap' 1st
Subject should cover it.

I try to remove a piece of dust or 'spittle' from my iPad and I accidentally fast forward a show 25 minutes.
2 potential solutions

1, a little 'padlock' which must be pressed before the touchscreen will accept inputs
2, whatever your 'first' swipe is on the display after say 10 seconds with no touching? Then that swipe is ignored. Only subsequent swipes are registered. (In other words, that first swipe is simply 'awakening' the listening of display swipes.

I really keep skipping around too frequently on iOS accidentally, be nice to stop this somehow.
I like the idea, and I hope someone does add this, but I have some ideas that might hold you over. One is to just remove single finger swipes with a keymap. The other is to remove all swipes except when the OSD is shown, making the OSD a sort of "unlock" mode. Would one of those help you out?
I guess 2 finger requirement for fast forward / rewind might also work.
Might be something to play with in alphas.
I do like a full display lock though, several of my apps on my Android phone do this and then you're clear, no accidental things
Default to padlock on mode in 10 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FEATURE REQ] (iOS) Touch screen lock, shortcuts require an 'activation tap' 1st0