MonCaso 320 Drivers and M.Play MX
Hey folks,

My Monueal Moncaso 320 HTPC has been running along smoothly for the last four years but then I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. That was all well and good but I had the bright idea to do a clean install.

When it came time to reinstall drivers I dug around for my old Monueal drivers disc only to find that it had been damaged. I then turned to the web and found all of the support sites have been taken down.

Does anyone out there still happen to have a working drivers disc and can swing me a copy of the files on dropbox or something? I would appreciate it greatly.

Cheers,

Steven
Here is babgvant's LCDwriter which works like the m.play.mx drivers and a little better: http://we.tl/cFbbHo87Jt

In this review there's also some info about the software: http://www.missingremote.com/review/moneual-moncaso-320
(Since that 2010 review, the author updated the software a bit so some steps are now even a little easier.)
Thanks Willemd,

Love the double post Smile

Out of curiousity, I've been reading the missingremote info and I've found all the keymap editing data, but I can't seem to find how to adjust the time format to remove the date and video titles, etc.

Any ideas?
As far as I know there is no way to have the display show any kind of information from Kodi when you're using Windows. Neither lcdwriter nor the original Moneual m.play.mx drivers support this. So when I was still using this software, all it showed was the date and time. (The original drivers couldn't even do that, at least not on my system, it screwed up the date info by just showing 'D/m/y' instead of 2/23/2016 or whatever.)

It's kinda ridiculous how beautiful the case is and how lousy the software is that came with it. No wonder Moneual no longer make these things...

Actually, I still use Windows, but run the display through a virtual machine (Virtualbox in my case) that runs Linux with lcdprocd, which supports it perfectly. But it goes too far to explain all that in a forum post. If you know Linux (cli), it's not that difficult though.

But to be honest, the display is so small that it's not all that useful anyway. The only thing I make it do is show the current time and the remaining duration of the video in progress. Titles etc. are usually too long and I really dislike scrolling titles info.
Hey guys,

Anyone has LCDWriter install available seems like the site is down and I am not able to find it anywhere.

Thanks,
-B
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NdEPKiv...share_link
@tiamatenko

What is your link for?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This is the requested driver for Moneual moncaso 320. It is taken from my original CD.
(2022-11-02, 00:30)tiamatenko Wrote: This is the requested driver for Moneual moncaso 320. It is taken from my original CD.
Ok. Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
BTW, the driver and application work great on Windows 11. Only one thing is needed: set the Compatibility mode to Windows 7 in M.Play MX Properties

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MonCaso 320 Drivers and M.Play MX0