Canadian Bell satellite receiver setup
Is it possible to get my Bell satellite receiver running with Tvheadend? I'm running Kodibuntu with Kodi 16.0 installed. The adapter i have is a Samsung S5H1409 QAM/8VSB. I'v installed Tvheadend and have that running properly but don't know where to go from here as to inputting my channels. Thanks in advanced!
There's no legal way to do it that I'm aware of, because the Bell receivers (like Dish Network receivers) are pretty much closed boxes. They don't do IPTV or anything like that. However, it's been a couple years since I've seen a Bell box so maybe things have changed with their newest models, but I rather doubt it.

This is where people in the Eastern hemisphere have a big advantage over those of us in North America - in many parts of Europe and other countries you can buy PCIe satellite tuner cards that have a slot for a conditional access card (NOT the same as the type used in Dish/Bell receivers) and you can plug your card in that and then use TVHeadEnd to receive your content. But in North America we use a different system entirely so although those PCIe cards will receive the truly free (unscrambled) channels that are on the North American C-band and Ku-band satellites, the CA card slots in them are useless here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Canadian Bell satellite receiver setup0