"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error constantly popup
I'm keep getting the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" continuously popup every second when I load Kodi 16.0. I don't have this problem running XBMC 13.2. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit, 980GTX with latest video card driver. Anybody have this issue and know how to fix it? Thanks
Go to the manufacturer of the GPU's website and download and install the correct latest graphics/chipset drivers from there. NOTE your driver may not be compatible with Windows 10.
For my Acer laptop, Windows Update instals a driver that constantly gives the message you are getting before eventually ending up in the BSD.
I already did that and using the latest NVIDIA drivers but no difference. I only have this problem with Kodi 16.0 but not XBMC 13.2.
It's a somewhat a known Win 10 problem, due to long response times with Open GL rendering in KODI.

First resolution is re-install with the clean install option.

Or you can try and modify the registry value to increase the GPU's timeout detection and recovery processing time. (Suggest a back-up before modifying)

Run regedit.exe
Nav to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

x 32 bit Windows
Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

x 64 bit Windows
Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.
Restart your computer and test out KODI

Alternately try rolling back/using an older version of the GPU driver and see if you get better result.

Last, resort scenario, if your CPU is powerful enough and has integrated graphic, set KODI to run with the integrated from nvidia control panel

Example:

You want 361.91 if your card can take it as it fixes ALOT.
you also want these settings but not the early driver : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259366
Thanks guys. I tried reinstalling 361.91 with clean installation and set the nvidia control panel power management mode from adaptive to Prefer Maximum Performance but to no avail. Oh well I guess I'll wait for another version of the Nvidia drivers and stick with XBMC 13.2 in the meantime
Dam i was sure that would do it mate; what card is it?
980gtx
Is there a stacktrace file you can link when .16 crashes?
File can be located alongside the kodi.log file

Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\ - press <Enter>
It's fixed. I reboot the computer and I don't get that error anymore. It's strange why it was ok with XBMC but not KODI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error constantly popup1