Playstation, Savestates and more...
Question 
Hi,

First, BRAVO for your exellent work ! that's excatly what the people want.

Now, Issues Blush

My config :
Intel Nuc
Openelec Kodi
Last release of your dev.

I have some PSX games installed (.bin .cue)
i have installed psx emulator (rearmed) and bios is ok.

When i select a .bin or .cue in my "psx" subdirectory i'm always rerouted to picodrive. whitch is as you know Sega genesis emu.
so i uninstalled picodrive then reboot system . Again i try to select some psx .bin or .cue and system proprose me to install emu. then, 2 emulators is proposed to download, Stella (atari) or (and again) picodrive..... never PSX ?!? same issues with dreamcast & others .bin extensions....

Next issues (most dramatic if i listen my wife Wink )

- Save game is not working (all emu.)
- Savestates is not working or, maybe i don't know how to do that.....

the regular "retroarch' (libretro) keys have no effect. (a guide of keymap will be welcome)
i tryed to save "chapter" during games. but counter stay @ 00:00:00

Can somebody help me to escape of my wife complains ? ( excepted divorce of course Rofl )

Many thanks.
Savestates aren't ready as of now, also debug log would be appreciated.
(2016-02-23, 22:09)sheeva700 Wrote: Hi,

First, BRAVO for your exellent work ! that's excatly what the people want.

Now, Issues Blush

My config :
Intel Nuc
Openelec Kodi
Last release of your dev.

I have some PSX games installed (.bin .cue)
i have installed psx emulator (rearmed) and bios is ok.

When i select a .bin or .cue in my "psx" subdirectory i'm always rerouted to picodrive. whitch is as you know Sega genesis emu.
so i uninstalled picodrive then reboot system . Again i try to select some psx .bin or .cue and system proprose me to install emu. then, 2 emulators is proposed to download, Stella (atari) or (and again) picodrive..... never PSX ?!? same issues with dreamcast & others .bin extensions....

Next issues (most dramatic if i listen my wife Wink )

- Save game is not working (all emu.)

the regular "retroarch' (libretro) keys have no effect. (a guide of keymap will be welcome)
i tryed to save "chapter" during games. but counter stay @ 00:00:00

Can somebody help me to escape of my wife complains ? ( excepted divorce of course Rofl )

Many thanks.

The problem with PSX and Dreamcast and many other cores is that they do not support network shared files, if you load the files locally they will work.
Thank's Guys. Psx is now working from a Local Directroy... (better than nothing.)
Savestates is not working, ok, but what about the saving on "console" memory. here is not working with a game like zelda or other.
To be short, if i quit i loose progression...Confused
(2016-02-23, 22:09)sheeva700 Wrote: When i select a .bin or .cue in my "psx" subdirectory i'm always rerouted to picodrive. whitch is as you know Sega genesis emu.

Libretro cores report the extensions they support, which Kodi uses to figure out which ones can run which games. You can see the extensions for each core by clicking the core name in the Libretro core matrix and looking for the <extension> tag, e.g. for Beetle PSX:

Code:
<extensions>cue|toc|ccd|m3u</extensions>

(2016-02-23, 22:09)sheeva700 Wrote: - Save game is not working (all emu.)

Savestates depend on a game database. This used to exist, but I had to drop it as explained here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2247764

Save games (SRAM saves) don't depend on a database, so they should work. There might be a bug in creating a folder for the save, which should be at userdata/addon_data/<game.id>/save. I've observed that the 2048 standalone game add-on creates this save successfully, but other emulators fail to do so. I'll have to load them in a debugger and figure out what's going wrong.

Thanks for your input, I'll prioritize save games and/or savestates once RetroPlayer has been rebased on 17 (give me a month or two).
Hi Garbear,

Thanks for your reply.

If you mean by "userdata/addon_data/<game.id>/save" where the game.id is the name of emu then all "save" directory exists.
OK, then the bugs not in my code. debugger it is Smile

You can try running the 2048 standalone add-on and youll see that userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.2048/save/2048.srm exists. When i look into this problem, thats prolly where I'll start.
stay tuned.
(2016-02-24, 17:12)sheeva700 Wrote: Thank's Guys. Psx is now working from a Local Directroy... (better than nothing.)
Savestates is not working, ok, but what about the saving on "console" memory. here is not working with a game like zelda or other.
To be short, if i quit i loose progression...Confused

what you can do is mount the network shares
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Mounti...ork_shares

i dont know what OS you are using but i am sure there are similar tricks you can do to make it seem like the files are local files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playstation, Savestates and more...0