• 1(current)
Mod Video Information Window (DialogVideoInfo) with Rotten Tomatoes
Rainbow 
I’ve been tweaking the Video Information window for personal use over the last 1.5 of months in my spare time, learning about skinning in Kodi as I go along. Wasn’t planning on sharing it but thought I may as well for those who are heavy users of the video information window like me.

The idea was to just modify this one file, making it very easy to keep up-to-date with any updates made jurialmunkey to his Arctic Zephyr skin. All I've got to do is just replace the one file and I would be good to go. Code could have been more integrated using variables etc, but I've intentionally avoided this for this reason.

watch gallery

Here’s a brief overview of some of changes made:
  • Re-organised video information labels with greater emphasis on plot information
  • Star ratings, MPAA Certification logo*, formatted runtime, season/episode label, no of seasons, HD flag added
  • Studio logos added
  • Movie trailer automatically played upon load and displayed through a video window on the right hand side of the screen
  • Rotten Tomatoes information support. Added the following:

- Critic and user ratings with icons
    - Critics Consensus
    - Box office, budget and awards
    - Cast information with role (local)
  • Added episode thumbnail for TV episodes
  • Added user Rating button

Additional keypresses:

Rotten Tomatoes/extra information screen:
Can be accessed by clicking LEFT button on your remote when the play button is highlighted. Can go back by clicking BACK/LEFT/RIGHT.

Full screen trailer/ stop trailer
Click DOWN then ENTER to view playing trailer in full screen. To stop trailer, click DOWN twice.

Additional requirements:

- Kodi 16 (Jarvis)
- *To view MPAA/Certification flags, you’ll need to download the flags from the link below. Credit: Piers - taken from Xperience1080 (Flat theme)
- Credit goes to JurialMunkey for the best skin in Kodi and whose code mostly remains in this minor window mod and also marcelveldt for developing the Skin Helper Service.

Small tip: If you use the video information window a lot, you can set the window to always show by default by going to Settings > Videos > File Lists > Default Select Action> and choosing Show information.

Download

1. DialogVideoInfo.xml:

2. MPAA flags:
(Upload folder to: skin.arctic.zephyr/media/flags)
Download

Enjoy Big Grin
[reserved]
Nice Work Big Grin
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2016-02-25, 10:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: Nice Work Big Grin

Thanks jurialmunkey, feels great to get this from you Big Grin I've had fun tweaking and learning a lot about skinning while doing this.
Great work, Hustler1337!

Just one thing
What do I need to change so that the trailer doesn't start automatically?
(2016-02-26, 14:38)fijasko Wrote: Great work, Hustler1337!

Just one thing
What do I need to change so that the trailer doesn't start automatically?

Thanks. You can disable automatic trailer loading by deleting lines: 10, 11 and 1327. Hope that helps
Hi Hustler, you didn't promise too much, absolut great implementation of your idea. i love it, i think more skins should be like that.

i would think about disabling trailer autostart, that could be annoying after some time but thats up to you of course.

i didn't get the mpaa logos to show up, i installed them in the right folder, maybe the fault is on my part or my arctic installation, will try it on my second setup to see where the error is.

Could you also implement the mpaa rating description like in the original dialogvideoinfo ?

thats all i could think of at this moment.
Hi neurosis, thanks for the suggestions. You can disable automatic trailer loading by deleting lines: 10, 11 and 1327. Personally, I like it and can stop it by pressing the down button twice, but yeh, I figured it's gonna have limited appeal and most are going to find it annoying Tongue

As with the MPAA flags not showing, it really depends on how your MPAA ratings have been scraped. If you have a look at the MPAA files, they're named "12","PG-13","TV-MA" etc. The code just looks for a match of the MPAA rating with the file name and displays it, so if you're MPAA rating for a particular show has been scraped as "PG-13 - some material may not be suitable for children under 13", then the flag will not show because a flag with than name does not exist. I'm not sure how your MPAA ratings have been scraped, so this is just speculation on my part. I can suggest a quick test to find this out if you'd like by PM. (Also, make sure the flags are put in the correct folder in skin.arctic.zephyr/media/flags/mpaa)

If you'd like the MPAA rating to be shown as a text label like in the original, I can do that for you. Just let me know exactly where you'd like it.
i am using the imdb updater for the ratings, this add-on also scrapes the mpaa description, see the link to the add-on in my signature.

you can place the mpaa description where you like, let's see what you come up with :-)

this is how my info file looks by the way:

<mpaa>Rated R for strong, pervasive vampire violence and gore, language, and brief sexuality</mpaa>
It is possible to show the flags in your case, but that would involve adding variables to the code, which requires modification of another file - something that I tried to avoid to ease the process of updating the skin when a skin update is released.

In the meantime, here's one I've edited for you with a text MPAA label, without the flags and trailer autoplay: http://pastebin.com/raw/USChF9Ft

Hope that helps
(2016-02-27, 00:47)Hustler1337 Wrote: It is possible to show the flags in your case, but that would involve adding variables to the code, which requires modification of another file - something that I tried to avoid to ease the process of updating the skin when a skin update is released.

In the meantime, here's one I've edited for you with a text MPAA label, without the flags and trailer autoplay: http://pastebin.com/raw/USChF9Ft

Hope that helps

wow, you are really fast with your fixes, thanks a lot.

the mpaa rating descriptions does show up now but it scrolls over the discard.
I think you need to reposition this info but you don't need to do this just for me alone.
i just hoped that i gave you some hints and tips to make this videodialoginfo even better.
I like your implementation!
Hustler:

What lines do I have to copy if I want to include both rottentomatoes ratings (images and percents) in Includes_Furniture.xml?

I would like to have this valuable information show up in every view before selecting movie. I would put the code in row 461.

The idea is to have rotten tomatoes data show next to IMDB top250 data

Thanks
Hustler:

Thanks for providing the code to accomplish, I am almost done but can't find what I need to change so all the information is displayed:

In the image below I am missing the percent next to the popcorn because there is not enough space to display it

(2016-02-27, 04:29)Edworld Wrote: Hustler:

Thanks for providing the code to accomplish, I am almost done but can't find what I need to change so all the information is displayed:

In the image below I am missing the percent next to the popcorn because there is not enough space to display it

You've got too many flags on your screen Tongue Why not try reducing the size of the icons and text so it fits in?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Information Window (DialogVideoInfo) with Rotten Tomatoes5