• 4(current)
Mod Video Information Window (DialogVideoInfo) with Rotten Tomatoes
This looks great, Is there anyway to acess this screen on the extended info view on classic version of arctic? I am running on my fire tv, so mapping keys is difficult. I would love to be able to select the option and then get the choice of Play/Additional info.....let me know
(2016-03-23, 23:55)neurosis13 Wrote: Hi Hustler,

it's working with the newest version of skin helper script.
But there seem to be still some issues with it, i am going to delete the caches and see if these "old bugs" still persist.

I realized that a field for "Country" is missing in the dialog video info.
If you are still working on your mod then you might consider adding this entry,

I've not had any issues myself, so I'm not aware of any problems. Are these 'old bugs' that you're experiencing related to this mod or the Skin Helper Service? If the latter, I'd recommend that you pop over to their thread or open an issue on their Github page. As for a 'Country' label, I've intentionally left that out as it didn't seem too important to include and also, I had no suitable space to put it in. If you have any ideas, feel free to make a suggestion. Thanks Blush

(2016-03-24, 01:48)druiz Wrote: This looks great, Is there anyway to acess this screen on the extended info view on classic version of arctic? I am running on my fire tv, so mapping keys is difficult. I would love to be able to select the option and then get the choice of Play/Additional info.....let me know
Can you explain what you mean more clearly? I'm guessing you're saying that you want a button on the Extended Info page that links to the info page for the video (i.e. this mod)? If so, that'll fall outside the scope this mod, as the Extended Info pages are handled by a completely different xml file. If I understood you wrong, feel free to explain what you mean. Thanks
Hi Hustler,

some movies work alright, others oddly not, here is an example:

when i notice something is fishy i load up the extended info page and check it, here it works:

concerning the country issue i would place it between the star ratings and the year of the movie, should be alright there.
(2016-03-25, 01:14)neurosis13 Wrote: Hi Hustler,

when i notice something is fishy i load up the extended info page and check it, here it works:

concerning the country issue i would place it between the star ratings and the year of the movie, should be alright there.

Yeh, that will be an issue with the Skin Helper Service and not the mod itself since it's using the documented window properties provided by the script. The error should be present in any other skin using the Skin Helper Service since we all use the same line of code to display the data. I suspect it could be related to the Skin Helper Service addon cache which is preventing the script from re-loading the data. I'll PM you details on how to clear it. Also sent you a custom xml with country label added.
(2016-03-25, 19:22)Hustler1337 Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 01:14)neurosis13 Wrote: Hi Hustler,

Yeh, that will be an issue with the Skin Helper Service and not the mod itself since it's using the documented window properties provided by the script. The error should be present in any other skin using the Skin Helper Service since we all use the same line of code to display the data. I suspect it could be related to the Skin Helper Service addon cache which is preventing the script from re-loading the data. I'll PM you details on how to clear it. Also sent you a custom xml with country label added.

Hi Hustler,

Skin Helper Service might got a fix today which should solve this issue.
I really hope it does.

Another thing, do you think you can implement your mod also within TV-Shows?
I am not sure if the script already sports it but i think i ask.
@neurosis Thanks for letting us know, that's good to hear. The Rotten Tomatoes data isn't shown for TV shows because the Skin Helper Service doesn't support TV shows - it will just show blank data hence why it's been disabled for tv shows. Unless you can persuade Marcel to add that feature, then for sure it will be added to this mod. I was disappointed myself that it doesn't support tv shows yet Smile
Hi Hustler,

the author of the script wrote in his thread:

"Also, the IMDB, Top250 and Rotten Tomatoes props will now also be returned for tv shows"

could it be that the rotten tomatoes are now implemented for TV-Shows ?
(2016-04-06, 00:42)neurosis13 Wrote: Hi Hustler,

the author of the script wrote in his thread:

"Also, the IMDB, Top250 and Rotten Tomatoes props will now also be returned for tv shows"

could it be that the rotten tomatoes are now implemented for TV-Shows ?

If the data is available on omdapi.com it will display data when using skinhelper. I have about 15 shows and shows data on 3 of them.
@neurosis13, thanks for letting me know. I've just tested it out and as Edworld mentioned - there's very little data available at this moment. Out of 19 tv shows in my library, I'm only getting Rotten Tomatoes information for 3 of them so I'll hold out enabling this for now in the mod until OMDbapi have more data available, otherwise it looks pretty terrible with no information. PM me if you want to test it out though.
@Hustler, Edworld

i thought that some sort of rotten tomatoes api is used for obtaining the data, didn't really know of OMDbapi, will take a look at it.
If there is not enough data then of course it won't make much sense implementing this.

but we can keep an eye on it.
Wink
One thing I did like, is that it shows you if the TVshow is top250 and I assume this data is a straight pull from IMDB
Hi

I've been messing around with includes_furniture.xml so that I get this result for movies....

I now want to start tinkering for TV Shows. Will the skin helper service pull ratings and whatnot for Tv shows form Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic? As an example I tried bringing tvshows, seasons and episodes into play like this for Rotten Tomatoes

<visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 0) + Container.Content(movies) + Container.Content(tvshows)+ Container.Content(seasons)+ Container.Content(episodes)</visible>

but that didn't work. It actually even stopped displaying info movies for some reason unti I took it back to the movies container only.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
rubicon99:

I did something similar and it works if you do content(tvshows). In previous posts I mentioned that only 3 out of 15 displayed data and this is because omdbapi doesnt have the data.
@Rubicon99 this was just discussed in the last few posts above yours.

Your code should be:

PHP Code:
<visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 0) + (Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes))</visible

As this is not part of my mod, I would ask if you can ask for any skinning help in the skinning subforum. There's been occasions where I've been asked for help for other people's mods because of posts made in this thread. Alternatively, you can PM me if you need help on your own mods and I'll try help where I can.
(2016-03-06, 16:02)Edworld Wrote: Knight77:

I copied the code that Hustler1337 provided in his mod and pasted it to includefurniture. I don't know how to code but managed to make it work:

http://pastebin.com/tJn3eLjX
Hey thanks man, I tried both this and the one you pmd but this is what I get, the rt icons are not showing, i must doing something wrong. Image

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Information Window (DialogVideoInfo) with Rotten Tomatoes5