Re-run of deleted recordings
Hi,

I'm currently running kodi v16 with the tvheadend plugin v2.2.13 and tvheadend v4.0.8-15

I schedule my series recordings with duplicate episode detection using the "Record if different episode number" option - which is working as I would expect.

However, I often watch the recording soon after it was aired and then delete the recording.

What I find is that if I delete the original recoding before the re-run is aired then tvheadend records the re-run.
If I do not delete the original recording then it behaves correctly and does not record the re-run.

I have quite a few series recordings setup and so my machine gets a little tight on disk space - hence why I delete the recordings just after I've watched them.

Is there any way to configure tvheadend so that the re-runs aren't recorded if the original airing was deleted?
What you describe is expected behavior. TVHeadend does not keep a history of past recordings. The only way it knows if it has recorded an episode, is if that episode is currently there at the time of the next showing. Once you delete it, this "history" is lost.
I suspect that you can manually delete the files instead of using the web interface - that keeps the record of the recording (it moves to "failed"/"file missing") but removes the recording itself. That should prevent a re-record until the record is cleared out based on the retention periods defined in the DVR config.
I recently upgraded tvheadend to 4.1-2401~g1f894a6~trusty - I was previously on the 4.0 stable release.

Some very nice features in the new version - one being that there are now two settings in the backend UI: "DVR file retention period" and "DVR log retention".
The "DVR log retention" period works well for me, as it means that information on the recording is retained after the file is deleted, which solves the problem I had reported in this thread.

However....

In the backend > Default Recording Profile I have set the defaults for both these settings to 3 years.

In the pvr.hts addon within Kodi I have set the default lifetime to also be "3 years".

However, when I schedule a series recording via Kodi, the "default lifetime" setting only affects the "DVR file retention period".
Meanwhile the "DVR log retention" for the series timer always gets set to "On File Removal" in the backend when scheduling via Kodi - no matter what settings I use in Kodi.

I have kodi 16.1 on my main machine running v2.2.20 of the add-on.
On a second rpi machine I'm running the latest libreelec which is Kodi 17 beta 7, and has the latest version of the add-on installed.

I have tested from both machines with the same result - the "DVR file retention period" gets set to 3 years as expected, but the "DVR log retention" gets set to "On File Removal".

Of course, the workaround is to go back into the back-end and alter the settings on the timer after adding it via Kodi - but it would be nice if it were possible to change the "DVR file retention period" via Kodi when setting for new series timers. As a minimum, I would have thought it would pickup the default that has been set in the Recording Profile, rather than always choosing the "On File Removal" option.
Further to this I noticed the following change had been made to pvr.hts:

- improved: use the default retention (from server configuration)

I am currently on LibreELEC and have v3.4.19 of the pvr.hts addon.
In my "Default Recording Profile" I have set the "DVR log retention period" to a year.

However, whenever I schedule a guide-based series recording via the Kodi EPG it creates the "Autorecs" entry in the backend with its "DVR log retention period" set to "On File Removal" rather than "1 Year".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Re-run of deleted recordings0