NFO files, cache and disk space usage
Question 
Hi,

I've recently started to scrape all metadata and associated artwork (e.g. posters, fanart, logo) and store these files locally instead of scraping these using the TVDB/TMDB scraper addons. After scraping my TV Shows, I've noticed that the folder is approximately 800mb more higher in terms of disk space usage.

I'd like to know if Kodi accesses these nfo and artwork files once and then caches these images and metadata, therefore no longer using the nfo and artwork files anymore. If this is true, does this mean that this method uses a lot more disk space than scraping via a scraper addon?

Also, could this mean that I can store all my artwork and nfo files on a removable disk (e.g. USB thumb drive) wait for Kodi to cache all the images and then remove the USB as it's no longer required?

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks Wink
I believe that after cached they can be deleted.

Don't take this as granted and check for the texturecache threat
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
I currently doing some test myself on this and getting to have a script ready to be run on a schedule by using Milhouse great tool.

At the moment actors folders exist at every movies and every tvshows therefore an actor image can be duplicated dozen of times.
Some proposal exist and got real support to address this.
Thanks for the reply morstef4. I'll be sure to ask in that thread.

I think I may build the texture cache and paste duplicate of this to the various devices I have around the house since they're effectively clones of each other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO files, cache and disk space usage0