Has Amazon Fire Stick Banned Install of Kod on v5.0.5
(2016-02-27, 02:27)Ned Scott Wrote: .apk files are zip files.

I did not know that. I just found it interesting that I could not get ES to download and run the .apk extension, but when I selected the same file that had a .zip extension, it worked just fine.
ES file method has proved to be a waste of time for me i just use the old school abdfire to sideload
It seems that Amazon blocked ES file exploer from downloading ARM or APK files on the 29th July. Then on the 30th of July they removed ES file explorer from their AppStore. This is probably because Kodi is so popular people are buying Fire TV sticks just for Kodi and aren't buying movies etc. straight from Amazon. Now the only way to get Kodi on AFTV is by side loading the APK file with an ADB manager. Confused
(2016-07-31, 11:47)Thomas_ Wrote: It seems that Amazon blocked ES file exploer from downloading ARM or APK files on the 29th July. Then on the 30th of July they removed ES file explorer from their AppStore. This is probably because Kodi is so popular people are buying Fire TV sticks just for Kodi and aren't buying movies etc. straight from Amazon. Now the only way to get Kodi on AFTV is by side loading the APK file with an ADB manager. Confused

I grabbed ES File late last night and it was still there. If they have removed it I'm assuming those who've already got it will still have it seeing as I used it this morning.

If you've got an android device such as a tablet get apps2fire. It sends plus installs Kodi onto AFTV and Sticks within a min.

Sent from my iPad
I just downloaded apps 2 fire and it would download any app other than ES EXPLORER. HELP ME!!!!!
Don't use it to install ES File Explorer, use it instead of ES File Explorer.
http://www.aftvnews.com/es-file-explorer...-tv-stick/
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
i have the fix for this, it must be to do with opening a pop up or something similar.

You need to click on the .arm extension, then go to the bottom right corner of ES Explorer, click 'more' and open in new browser and the download will start.
Apps2Fire is the fastest and easiest way to install Kodi and other .apk files. Just enable ADB Debugging, Enable Unknown Sources, then go to DEVICE > ABOUT > NETWORK and find your devices IP ADDRESS. Enter the IP in Apps2Fire and thats it.... As long as both your phone/tablet are connected to the same wifi as the STICK it will upload and install Kodi... Make sure you download your Kodi .apk from kodi.tv/download and you know where the .apk file is in your phone/tablet.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has Amazon Fire Stick Banned Install of Kod on v5.0.50