Updated to 1.5.5 - Connection Timeout
Hi,

I've upgraded to KodiRemote this morning and now I'm having an issue that stops be connecting to Kodi. I just get a red 'connection timeout' drop down when trying to connect to a host.

I have 3 instances of Kodi 15.2. Two OpenElec on Raspberry Pi and one build running on a VM. The VM just scans my media sources to build a MySQL DB. I used to be able to connect to all of them OK on v1.5.4

I've checked that the Kodi web interface is responding OK on all 3 instances so I know I have correct username/password, IP, HTTP Port (I've not bothered with TCP yet). I've tried adding in the MAC but it made no difference.

I've tried force closing the app and re-opening, clearing the cache on next start and also deleting and re-creating the hosts. Still nothing.

I do not have Zeroconf enabled on the two Pis and I didn't even compile it into my server build. Is this now a requirement?

Thanks,

boredazfcuk
Hi,

Zeroconf isn't a requirement, can you please check if the web server is responding via the iphone/ipad safari browser? Try to connect to http://<your_kodi_ip_address>:<port> via iphone/ipad safari. Let me know if via safari it works.
That's cool, just thought I'd ask so I can rule out Zeroconf then... Checking from the phone, I can't get to any of the Kodi installs but I can get out to the internet. Must be some sort of weird networking/phone issue. I'll go reboot a bunch of stuff and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.
Goodmorning Joe,

I want to reply to this support request also. I have exactly the same problem. Last weekend re-installed my htpc. New SSD, clean install of latest W10 Professional. All drivers and windows updates done. Everything up and running. After that a clean install of Kodi 16 Jarvis. That's it. Else there is nothing on that pc. All my movies are on an external 10TB disk.

Then I wanted to connect Kodi Remote (latest version from appstore on an iphone 6s) to Jarvis. And i get the same message. Connection time out in a red bar. It won't connect. Whatever i try, it will never connect. Ofcourse i do all that is needed in Jarvis. Webserver on, port 8080, username, password. And i have activated the other option too: allow programs on other systems to control kodi.

upnp and zeroconf i have not activated. i also cant, i have not installed any apple bonjour services. But you say that is not nessecary.

I have checked the host settings in the kodi app super secure. password, hostname, ipadress, even gave the mac-adress of what kodi is showing, taking care of caps sensitive, etc. It wont work. I deleted and recreated the host.. nope. wont work.

Then i did your option: "can you please check if the web server is responding via the iphone/ipad safari browser? Try to connect to http://<your_kodi_ip_address>:<port> via iphone/ipad safari. Let me know if via safari it works."

Nope.. that don't work too. my iphone cant find that IP/host/port. So i think my webserver is not up in W10? Im puzzled.. what happened now? On my old install before the new SSD it worked flawless in W7. On that old HDD was also nothing more then W7 Enterprise and Kodi. But that was 15.2 Isengard. Also on that pc no apple services or so.

Ofcourse both devices are on the same wifi, router, etc. Nothing changed, same wifi dongle in the pc, same router, same settings, etc. Only a new fresh install on a new ssd.

Can you please help me how to setup the webservice/activation on W10?

Super many thx in advance, keep up the good work.
I rebooted my router, switches, media server iPhone and both raspberry pis. Worked after that.

Have you checked the windows firewall has a hole poked in it for port 8080?
hi all,

I've got similar problem with the latest iOS update giving connection timeouts.

i'm running a Pi2 with openelec 6.0.3. (Kodi 15.2) with Aeon MQ6 skin. Before the update everything was running perfectly, since the update I started to lose connection between my iPad Mini and my Pi2. Disconnections are not definitive as the previous posts, but happens once in a while without any pattern I could foresee.It happens with or without the "allow programs on other systems to control kodi" activated (yellow or green button). I always can access the kodi remote using safari.

Disconnections can happen when I browse fast in my movie collection or a menu and recently I've seen that it also happens as soon as any audio file is played (using the audio player or even when TvTunes starts to playback a theme when browsing the collection). Closing the app and restarting it makes the connection back, but not always... Strangely, when the tvtunes theme stops playing, the connection comes back ammost immediately.

I couldn't find any clear pattern for this lost connection outside of the audio playback having some kind of effect on it.

PS : this is my first post on the forum. tell me if there's anything else I can do to help you track this bug Wink
I have it working now! :-D

I have changed port numbers, checked what ports windows is listening on via netstat, checked services, etc. Nothing helped. But my iphone also cant find the webserver via Safari. So it HAS to be the fact that i cant get inside windows. that is blocked from the outside.. So then I went into the firewall of W10. There I saw Kodi was present with 4 instances. I removed all but one and gave that one access to private and public network. After that I restarted Kodi. Then the popup came again from the Firewall as if kodi was newly installed. "Kodi has some settings blocked in the firewall Allow?". I said allow ALL. Throw everything open stupid firewall. And guess what... kodi remote connects. Whoohah Smile If i look in the firewall there are 2 entries kodi now. 1 has the private network on and public off. The other has public on and private off. Check if you have that too if you encounter these issues. Or follow my workaround.
(2016-03-19, 16:09)Freewarefreak Wrote: I have it working now! :-D

I have changed port numbers, checked what ports windows is listening on via netstat, checked services, etc. Nothing helped. But my iphone also cant find the webserver via Safari. So it HAS to be the fact that i cant get inside windows. that is blocked from the outside.. So then I went into the firewall of W10. There I saw Kodi was present with 4 instances. I removed all but one and gave that one access to private and public network. After that I restarted Kodi. Then the popup came again from the Firewall as if kodi was newly installed. "Kodi has some settings blocked in the firewall Allow?". I said allow ALL. Throw everything open stupid firewall. And guess what... kodi remote connects. Whoohah Smile If i look in the firewall there are 2 entries kodi now. 1 has the private network on and public off. The other has public on and private off. Check if you have that too if you encounter these issues. Or follow my workaround.

I tried/searched everything and finally came up with this thread. Deleting the multiple Kodi entries solved the issue as I already had an exception. Thanks!
I have completely disabled my win10 firewall, changed port numbers but nothing works.
Latest ipad app with kodi krypton.

Any advice?

TY
I'm just learning Kodi. I have Krypton 17.3 on a Firestick and I keep getting the "connection timed out" when I try connecting the iPhone remote to it. I tried the suggestion about checking the http link in Safari and it showed up nothing as well. Is there something I should be doing different because I'm using the Firestick? Huh
same connecting timout issue.  I tried to connect via Safari and no luck.  "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding."

What is my next step?
To Freewarefreak.

I was going crazy trying to get various iOS apps to work on my Ipad to remote control Kodi on a Win10 PC.

Your solution WORKED 100%!  Anybody having connection issues to the host PC on your iOS device after updating all the settings, try this ! Its a good ole windows firewall issue as the culprit.

THANK YOU!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to 1.5.5 - Connection Timeout0