Pass infolabel to a script without parsing it?
can anyone think about a way to pass $INFO label into Runscript() command, without letting kodi parsing the info first?
i'm trying to set some property with script, and I want the $INFO to be saved as is, and not the actual value.
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground)]
any way to prevent kodi from parsing it?
I tried $$INFO, or saving the $INFO as a language string. none of them work.

Huh
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Just an amateur here and probably won't work, but have you tried putting in quotes? i.e.:

Code:
"$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground)]"

Like I said, probably won't work, but worth a try. Confused
That's not what he wanted Tongue

@tomer953:
Why you won't use the set property as a trigger for a variable?

Code:
<variable name="blabla">
<value condition="StringCompare(MyProperty,1)">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground)]</value>
</variable>
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
@sualfred, I'm not sure If you understand me correctly, or maybe I didn't understand your solution.
maybe an example will help:
Code:
<onclick>RunScript(somescript,property=background&value=$INFO[AllMoviesBackground])</onclick>
when the script gets the value, it is "too late" because it's already parsed by kodi to the actual value of the $INFO, I want to avoid it, and set the propery to the "$INFO" itself, and not the value.
can't you pass the value without the $INFO[] bit like this:
<onclick>RunScript(somescript,property=background&value=AllMoviesBackground)</onclick>
and let your script handle the rest?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
because it's not my script - its all about a new feature in skinshortcuts skin, which let you to set properties with <onclick> command.
In my movies background, I need the $INFO label as is, and not the value.

as I see it, no one has an easy answer for it, so two options:
1. skinshortcuts will make some custom option for it, like replacing "$$INFO" with "$INFO" , or something similar.
2. passing the problem with skinning only, for example set "rotatingMovies" to the property, and then check against it in the background variables of my skin. [if (property(background) = rotatingmovies) then.. $info[] ...]

@BobCratchett ?
I see no problem with #2. That's how I do it all the time.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2016-02-27, 13:08)sualfred Wrote: I see no problem with #2. That's how I do it all the time.

the only problem, that it's not working Wink
anyway, Bob solved it script-side.

thank you all for trying.
Everything can be solved with Python Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pass infolabel to a script without parsing it?0