v15 help with cue sheets and multi cd albums
I've started to import into the music library my music collection and I've a problem using cue sheets when the album has two or more discs.
For examlpe I've those files:

D:\ALBUMS\PINK FLOYD\THE WALL\CD1\cd1.flac
D:\ALBUMS\PINK FLOYD\THE WALL\CD1\cd1.cue
D:\ALBUMS\PINK FLOYD\THE WALL\CD2\cd2.flac
D:\ALBUMS\PINK FLOYD\THE WALL\CD2\cd2.cue

The problem is that, when imported into the library, songs are ordered by track number and the disc number is completely ignored:
01 In The Flesh?
01 Hey You
02 The Thin Ice
02 Is There Anybody Out There
and so on...

Is there a way to have the correct song list?
01 In The Flesh?
02 The Thin Ice
etc...
etc...
01 Hey You
02 Is There Anybody Out There
etc...
etc...

Many thanks!
You need to make sure the disk numbers are quoted as 1/2 and 2/2 to make it work.
ok, but can you explain me how to quote disk numbers in a cue sheet file?

I've taken a look at the kodi wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/Cue_sheets) but I didn't found this information.

Many thanks!
I'll go and dig to check how I did it. I am fairly sure that I used MP3TAG to add the disk numbers to the actual FLAC files.

Back soon....

Update: can't find an example yet... but from memory.

A CUE sheet is going to describe how to play the album back from the single file. So I don't expect it to hold the DISC number.

I am pretty sure that all I have done is to edit CUE files to make sure the album name is the SAME for both disks. Then put that same album name into the FLAC tags, along with the disk numbers in those FLAC tags. This then lets KODI know which tracks are on which album.
thanks for the hints; I've tried with MP3TAG to set disk numbers and total discs number in FLAG tags, but it didn't worked :-(
Album title and artists are the same both in the CUE sheet and in the FLAC tags

keep trying...
Looking at the code for CueDocument.cpp the function CCueDocument:Tonguearse seems to be looking for lines that start with the text string

REM DISCNUMBER

and then looks for a number after that. If there is a number 0<iDiskNumber<16 then the disk number is passed to the caller which should add that to the music library database for the song.

BTW, there's also possible:

REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK
REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN
REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK

Give it a try add see what happens.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I've tried adding
REM DISCNUMBER 1
and
REM DISCNUMBER 2
into my cue sheets, but the problem still remain.

Anyway, I've found a trick to workaround the problem: the first disc has 13 tracks so I've renumbered the tracks in the second cue sheet starting from 14:

FILE "cd2.flac" FLAC
TRACK 14 AUDIO
TITLE "Hey You"
PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 15 AUDIO
TITLE "Is There Anybody Out There?"
and so on...

I know this is not a best practice and I don't know if it is deprecated, but now in the library the track list is correct
It is unusable practice when you have ripped, for example, all editions of the same cd-single and definitely don't want to add any extra info to their names.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with cue sheets and multi cd albums0