support for avalaunch_icon
i've just been going through converting my avalaunch_icon.png and .jpg pics to folder.jpg (so now i have two of the same pic in each folder in two names & formats) and i was thinking it would be nice if we could change the name (and format?) of the picture that xbmc looks for. for example...maybe have a tag in the xml that says <thumbs>folder.jpg</thumbs> and have it support .png too. it sure would save us avalaunch users a lot of time. thanks again for such a great app!!!
it would also be cool if we could somehow extract the embedded images from an xbe to use on the folder of that xbe. for example...if you go into my retail games menu you see all the folders but if you go into the folder you see the embedded image...it would be nice if that image could be shown on the folder too.
umm.. for my programs you should be enabling the two options in settings->programs.

that will then show the embedded art properly.

in latest cvs, those two options are now default.

there is no need to actually browse into the folder. it will just show default.xbe.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
what r these 2 options?
yes, please, how can you reuse them?
thanks,

krater
flatten directory hierarchy says to not show folders. when using with show only default.xbe, you will then get a display that will show just the applications (default.xbe from each folder).

so, instead of seeing:

game1 folder
game2 folder
game3 folder

and having to browse into each of those folders to launch the program, you will only see:

game1
game2
game3

basically, the same way other dashboards work.

and if you are viewing by icon, you will see the embedded image from the default.xbe.

ts

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
thanks, i'll try it. but, is there a way to reuse avalaunch icons?
i've noticed there is a parameter in the xml, <filetypeicons>, that reads:
<!-- this section allows you to overwrite/specify the icons shown !-->
<!-- for specific file types !-->
is this used to override the embedded icons? how should i use it so that xbmc accepts default.png and default.jpg?
thanks,

krater
just place a default.tbn (can be jpg or png) and place it in the same directory as the default.xbe.

it will use that instead of the embedded.

ts

just to clarify on what ts said (some may find it slightly confusing).
get a png or jpg file (eg. xbox.jpg) and rename it to default.tbn then put it in the same folder as the default.xbe of the prog/game.

morien

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
support for avalaunch_icon0