The Next Step
I have a RPi2 running OE 6.0.1 with Kodi v15 and an HDHR Connect (ATSC). I was able to watch OTA programs as soon as the HDHomeRun add-on was activated. Both the RPi2 and The HDHR are connected via Ethernet cables directly to my router. My PC is using Wi-Fi.

1 - What DVR software would you recommend I begin to look at to record and play back live OTA TV on the Pi? (I believe I read that Kodi V16 may have some tweaks in this area.)

2 - To record I am assuming that a larger storage area for the RPi2 is required. I have 2 external HDDs wired via USB to my PC or is it simpler to just add a portable USB drive to the RPi2?

EDIT: Is the thread "Release - HDHomeRun PVR native addon" just handy this thread, the place to start?
RPi2 - OpenELEC v6.0.3 - Kodi v15 - HDHR Connect HDHR4-2US(CA) v2015.11.09
It would appear from reading "Release - HDHomeRun PVR native addon" that for a rusty old noob like me it would be best to wait until Kodi V16 is available for the RPi and then take another look.
Presently this addon does not do recording. For something lightweight for recording, I would look at Tvheadend as your backend.
(2016-02-28, 16:36)rpcameron Wrote: Presently this addon does not do recording. For something lightweight for recording, I would look at Tvheadend as your backend.
Thx, I'll check it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Next Step0