• 54(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2017-01-31, 15:23)TheSwede1970 Wrote: I presume Estuary V2 is the one coming with Krypton?

Yep!

Estuary V1 did not survive until Krypton release
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-01-31, 13:41)Rapboy Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 17:18)Razze Wrote: Well you could write a python addon for that.
But it's something we hope to add to the core with Leia. Those context menus are not as straight forward to migrate to the new system.

Thanks for the quick response. I am abit confused, how would I go about writing such an addon that can queue the widgets on the home screen when selected??
Or do you mean an addon with the option to queue music and add it as a widget to the home screen? I tried the latter and it failed, I didn't look into it tho.

It'll be good to see such an option in v18, however it would be great to have it for this release. I know you said it is not straight forward but which folders/files should I be looking at it if I want to implement such an option in v17.

Well core code is pretty much frozen for v17 so you would have to make a context menu addon (see the wiki please) which finds the item via jsonRPC and starts them via jsonRPC.
Got some strange issues with default skin Estuary (v2)
I configured the menu to only have LiveTV and Favorites but after every reboot i got LiveTV and Addons instead.
Every time I need to remove Addons and add Favorites back.
In log i see several times this message: WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings

Is there a way to reset skin settings and start over?
Why is it so difficult to see what rating the movie has, please add this at default to the skinAngry
I just installed the skin from github and noticed that the pvr fullscreen info has changed.
The now / next buttons disappeared and it only shows next in the bottom right corner. The earlier version was very handy to read the plot info from the next aired show.
Is there another way to do that?

Thanks!
(2016-03-03, 09:32)illiac4 Wrote: I have tested livetv only and i must say that the confluence was better designed. One thing that bothers me that you do not see the channels logo. You have to go on channel and then you will see it. It makes visual selection much harder since there are no logos with channel names that was helpful to quickly see what channel is.

Second what i did like on confluence was that you could watch channel even when not on full screen. In small screen you was able to watch channel. I do no see the point of overlying the live tv because it has no point. I hope you will implement small screen livetv option like in confluence.

Also maybee usefull would be to make a default a longpress on ok button to switch fullscreen.

Confluence was much better in all aspects. It was better optimized for navigation with the remote control, very sequential and straight flow, back button means back...
in the new skin many back steps take you to pages that you dont know where they came from. there are several setting button that take you to different setting screens, very disorganized.

Confluence setting was more straight (one page for all setting). also you have to move less the mouse or control to get to the places. The new skin you have to fly over the whole screen.
The worse on the new Skin is that it is not oriented for normal users, The addons menu take you to the packages with updates, and my addons a lots of things that doenst belong to the user, just for configurations.
Also show Program addons which are not commonly used... to access the movies addons you have to move left...keep moving, then you pass what you were looking, go back etc... When you enter to the movie list in one addon, by default the list is on the right too wide, not use properly the space to leave more space for the information. to change the layout is very tricky to keep the side menu as it hide automatically very quickly.... etc etc,, etc....
I can not understand how they find this skin better for daily user navigation. Programmers has to focus for the clients simplicity.... it is part of the Apple success.
I am working with kodi since version 9 or 10...this is the worse skin I have seen.
(2017-01-30, 15:30)ecser Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 09:25)Razze Wrote: You can move non hardcoded subtitles via settings if you like

Tha subtitles are on the right place, no need to move them. The progress bar and the timers are on wrong place. See confluence with subtitles and press pause / play or seek. This is, how it is working right.
And almost forgotten: thank you for the great work!

Move the subtitlesHuh I can not believe it...creating a non existing problem to provide an even worse solution.
(2017-02-13, 04:54)frankygoop Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 15:30)ecser Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 09:25)Razze Wrote: You can move non hardcoded subtitles via settings if you like

Tha subtitles are on the right place, no need to move them. The progress bar and the timers are on wrong place. See confluence with subtitles and press pause / play or seek. This is, how it is working right.

Move the subtitlesHuh I can not believe it...creating a non existing problem to provide an even worse solution.

I'm sorry, but not everybody might be aware of that feature...
Well, +1 for opening up the subtitle area in the playing status GUI - (hitting OK, Pause, or during FF/REW).

Was I the only one that downloaded subtitles to be able to fast forward and still read what the characters were saying?

Sorry, I know that Estuary is in development for months, but I just found out yesterday how to make a Portable installation of Kodi for testing.

Alternatively, how can I mod the skin to have:

a) the progress bar a lot nearer to the lower screen edge (preferably right next to the screen edge or a small margin for overscan).
b) the information currently dead center (Time Elapsed/Total and messages like "Fast Forward 2x") moved to the left edge
My favorite "Viewtype" for Movies is "InfoWall" I like the movie poster display along with a generic movie description on the side. I was hoping to have the actual movie description along with Movie Title, Year and some kind of movie ratings info like IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes rating. If anyone know a way to make this happen, please help. Thanks.
(2017-02-13, 09:37)Razze Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 04:54)frankygoop Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 15:30)ecser Wrote: Tha subtitles are on the right place, no need to move them. The progress bar and the timers are on wrong place. See confluence with subtitles and press pause / play or seek. This is, how it is working right.

I'm sorry, but not everybody might be aware of that feature...

It would be a feature if one could move hard coded subtitles... As is, progress bar is more a nuisance than a feature.
When using PVR and you into TV it shows you a list with the current channels and what is currently broadcasting. When you select a channel because you wan't see it Kodi/Estuary starts live tv broadcase. However the guide list still remains on top and you need to press back several times to get the full picture.

Any chance of fixing this? So when you select a channel the guide/list dissapears and you can instantly watch the broadcase. As how it is now is pretty annoying imo
(2017-02-28, 20:12)RavenNL Wrote: When using PVR and you into TV it shows you a list with the current channels and what is currently broadcasting. When you select a channel because you wan't see it Kodi/Estuary starts live tv broadcase. However the guide list still remains on top and you need to press back several times to get the full picture.

Any chance of fixing this? So when you select a channel the guide/list dissapears and you can instantly watch the broadcase. As how it is now is pretty annoying imo

Goto settings -> pvr -> playback -> first setting on that page (don't remember the exact name)
(2017-03-01, 00:46)ksooo Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 20:12)RavenNL Wrote: When using PVR and you into TV it shows you a list with the current channels and what is currently broadcasting. When you select a channel because you wan't see it Kodi/Estuary starts live tv broadcase. However the guide list still remains on top and you need to press back several times to get the full picture.

Goto settings -> pvr -> playback -> first setting on that page (don't remember the exact name)

Thank you! Nod
I have to lift my hat off to you as this Estuary Kodi skin is a wonderful piece of work and is very nearly perfect in my mind.

But, can I please ask, Is there any possibility of adding the IMDB ratings into the views so that we don't have to waste our time loading all the other skins to find a decent one with the IMDB ratings, as they will become superfluous.

Thanks, and keep up the great work...
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9