• 5(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
I see the setup is for a Horizontal (Left) style menu system, could you also make a Vertical (Bottom) menu system? For reference, I use the Aeon MQ6 Skin, which allows either type, just a suggestion, to allow people a choice (kinda like having different Themes).

Also, why are there three area's for buttons (Left (Main Menu, Bottom Left (Power, Files, etc) and Top Right (Ratings, etc). Couldn't you combine these into only two areas?

Why are the background boxes (not sure the technical name) so huge (Main Menu, Settings Icons, Weather Menu, etc)? Even with the longest text (System Information under Settings), there is still plenty of black space on either side to shrink the box a bit. Unless of course you are making it so you can adjust the Font sizes for those people with bad eyesight. Or are you expecting the majority of people who use Kodi do so on small screens (smaller than say 40 inches)?

Is this skin 1080p, 720p or 480p? Or are you going to a native resolution of 1080p, and allow it to be adjusted up or down, for those people with 4K displays, and/or those with smaller display sizes?

Another graphical option, would be to include Box covers around the Movie Posters (so just by looking, you could tell if it was a DVD or Blu-Ray movie).
(2016-03-02, 00:12)Powerhouse Wrote: I see the setup is for a Horizontal (Left) style menu system, could you also make a Vertical (Bottom) menu system? For reference, I use the Aeon MQ6 Skin, which allows either type, just a suggestion, to allow people a choice (kinda like having different Themes).

Also, why are there three area's for buttons (Left (Main Menu, Bottom Left (Power, Files, etc) and Top Right (Ratings, etc). Couldn't you combine these into only two areas?

Why are the background boxes (not sure the technical name) so huge (Main Menu, Settings Icons, Weather Menu, etc)? Even with the longest text (System Information under Settings), there is still plenty of black space on either side to shrink the box a bit. Unless of course you are making it so you can adjust the Font sizes for those people with bad eyesight. Or are you expecting the majority of people who use Kodi do so on small screens (smaller than say 40 inches)?

Is this skin 1080p, 720p or 480p? Or are you going to a native resolution of 1080p, and allow it to be adjusted up or down, for those people with 4K displays, and/or those with smaller display sizes?

Another graphical option, would be to include Box covers around the Movie Posters (so just by looking, you could tell if it was a DVD or Blu-Ray movie).

Layout: We toyed with a horizontal layout and didn't like it - we wanted something fresh.

Buttons: What's wrong with button positioning? It's intuitive.

Sizing: There are languages other than English where strings are far longer for simple words.

Resolution: The skin's vertical resolution is 1080. Other resolutions are, of course, possible, but 4k up-scaling works well.

Covers: I've always been strongly against this as it's hideous.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Great work by Phil65 and Piers and all of the Kodi team. I had to install Kodi v17 just to try it out. I know there are 3rd party skins that offer much more than this I think this skin as a default is perfect. Not every machine out there can handle all the 3rd party skins and as a default skin it has to be lightweight and at the same giving a flavor what else can be done. I was surprised how good this skin performed on a really slow spec device.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Wow. This is going to take some getting used to! I've always lived in Confluence as I spend so much time testing new builds I always want to make sure that I am running a stock skin to avoid bugs caused by running third party skins.

I'm really liking it, and can only begin to think about the amount of work that has gone into it. My only observation is that as a regular "Live / Recorded TV" user, I find the VCR icon as a 'record' button a bit unintuitive. I'd prefer a circle in a circle (or a red dot) as they are pretty much universal on remote controls. (A circle with an R in it would be good for English speakers, but I absolutely get that skins have to work for multiple languages)
@phil65 This skin looks incredible, thank you!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-03-02, 02:20)noggin Wrote: Wow. This is going to take some getting used to! I've always lived in Confluence as I spend so much time testing new builds I always want to make sure that I am running a stock skin to avoid bugs caused by running third party skins.

I'm really liking it, and can only being to think about the amount of work that has gone into it. My only observation is that as a regular "Live / Recorded TV" user, I find the VCR icon as a 'record' button a but unintuitive. I'd prefer a circle in a circle (or a red dot) as they are pretty much universal on remote controls. (A circle with an R in it would be good for English speakers, but I absolutely get that skins have to work for multiple languages)

Valid concern. Will egt addressed, thx.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks phil65 - and many thanks to the team for the huge amount of work that must have gone into this.
it would be much appreciated if someone could elaborate on the changes to how "favorites" functionality will be handled?
(2016-03-02, 02:37)RMP888 Wrote: it would be much appreciated if someone could elaborate on the changes to how "favorites" functionality will be handled?

Exactly as before? You add favourites via the context menu, and you can see them via some button on main menu. (star, bottom left)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I guess this is a feature request:

Add the ability to hide "watched" movies/episodes in the "Recently added" lists

This was a feature added to Confluence (PR5747) but abandoned, although continued in my test builds as I really liked it... Smile

It would be great if we could have this in Estuary.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Very nice skin. Major eyecandy facelift with lots of little things (displays, counters etc.) that were missing from Confluence.

Few things I've noticed:

- There seems to be no display for movie audio and subtitle language, will these be added?

- When I press 'Info' button during playback, screen defaults to 'plot'. Is it possible to make this selectable? I'd like to first see the metadata screen.

- When loading subtiles, few flag colors seem to be weird/wrong. e.g. Germany and Finland.

- TV-series info screens don't show exact air time, only year.

- In movie/music listings I'd like to see more rows, Confluence shows 13 rows, Estuary just 9. There should be some selection to show smaller fonts and more screen data.
Current implementation seems to optimized for small screens.

- Allow selectable order of main screen movie display, I'd like to see recently added movies at the top row.
This probably isn't Estuary specific, but I'm getting a MySQL error when accessing TV shows > Recently added episodes (star icon), then navigate left to access the blade menu, finally clicking on Filter:

With Ubuntu x86_64, I'm seeing the following error message, however the filter dialog does appear:
Code:
04:51:05 T:139742737131648   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos103] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1064)
04:51:05 T:139742737131648   ERROR: GetSingleValue - failed on query 'SELECT MIN(CAST(strftime(\"%s\", c05) AS INTEGER)) FROM episode_view '
04:51:05 T:139742737131648   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos103] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1064)
04:51:05 T:139742737131648   ERROR: GetSingleValue - failed on query 'SELECT MAX(CAST(strftime(\"%s\", c05) AS INTEGER)) FROM episode_view '

But with my current RPi test builds, eg. #0301, Kodi will crash - crashlog (debug enabled build of #0301)

I'm not entirely sure why the RPi build is crashing - maybe I've got a bogus setting somewhere, although I've tried resetting guisettings.xml - however MySQL doesn't support strftime() hence error 1064 (error in SQL syntax).

To return the number of seconds since epoch (1970-01-01 00:00:00) for a date in MySQL - c05 is aired date - the query should use UNIX_TIMESTAMP():

Code:
SELECT MIN(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(c05)) FROM episode_view
SELECT MAX(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(c05)) FROM episode_view

Note also that this query may not always return expected results, as any air date prior to epoch (eg. any episode of The Twilight Zone, first broadcast in 1959) will return 0 since it is an out-of-range date (pre-dating epoch).

The query originates here. Anyone fancy having a poke around? Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@TimoJ - I definitely agree with the rows thing, I tried it late last night on my projector and it was really just a bit too spacious. Looks great on my tablet though (although the idea there is for Estouchy I believe)

@millhouse - +1, agree with that too. Unwatched recentlly added is the shiz. One can achieve it via skin widgets and hacking as I do now with Confluence, but it seems an obvious thing for core!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
just a suggestion,
when a video has started and you bring up the osd bar for the part that shows media info/plot, plot is the default instead of media info maybe have a option to select media info as default instead of plot, or even bring the media info to the osd area (top right) like with confluence it was nice seeing it. now it requires 3-4 clicks to see it. also 1080p/720p/SD doesnt show in media info anymore Sad

also, for some reason i cant select different types of views i do not use library, i just use "Videos" i used to use big list which would hide the thumbnails and plot info. now it says no information available for every file heh. big list would hide that atleast since i dont need it. i actually cant select different views for any of the folders or files inside "Videos" the option is greyed out so cant adjust it.

btw i also cant adjust the theme in the options its greyed out also, im using android tv.
(2016-03-02, 07:49)TimoJ Wrote: - TV-series info screens don't show exact air time, only year.

- In movie/music listings I'd like to see more rows, Confluence shows 13 rows, Estuary just 9. There should be some selection to show smaller fonts and more screen data.
Current implementation seems to optimized for small screens.

- Allow selectable order of main screen movie display, I'd like to see recently added movies at the top row.

- First aired in tvshow info screen works for me

- For music listings, see the sideblade and enable "Small list" that will let you see more songs at once.

- Recently added movies are on top, as long as you don't have movies you haven't finished watching
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9