v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2016-03-03, 18:26)Forage Wrote: I've been playing with the skin for a bit now. It's didn't take me long to find my way around the UI so IMHO you guys did a good job making it clear and simple as it should be. I can't say I really have a preference for the old default skin or this one, but still.

A few initial comments:
  • To changing text ("Find movies...", "Find music...", etc) in the search box on the home screen is really distracting. I think I understand that you did it to be clear about its capabilities, but it keep drawing my attention each time it changes. This is a no-go for me. Please consider a fixed text.
  • The "HD" and "SD" labels in the movie list are not that important to have it there behind the date if you ask me. It clutters the UI, with some movies having the label and some don't, too much to make it worth it. You'll probably watch the movie either way, no matter the quality. I'd consider removing it completely, maybe having it just in the movie details next to the codec.
  • Is the movie date that important to have it behind the movie in the list itself as well as in the details next to it? That the same data in the same view twice is redundant I think. It's probably not going to affect your choice so I wouldn't consider it important enough to have it in the list itself.
  • Please consider squeezing in the movie genre in the list view so you can directly see it while browsing through your collection. That's the one thing I missed in the previous skin a well.
  • Also, the genre is a bit hidden now if you go look at the movie details. I was searching it in the list on the right with the other details. The top bar isn't something you'd look at often.
  • I'd love to see the option back to prevent the background from changing. It's a lot of changing in the background when browsing for something you can't really see anyway. More distracting then useful if you ask me.

Please don't post suggestion in this thread - there is a dedicated suggestions thread.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - by Piers - 2016-03-03, 20:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9