v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
Well I wouldn't think that desktops are our number one user base.
Well, as I understand from the first introduction, Estuary should have same functionality as Confluence, and Etouchy is for touch-like interfaces (and I am fine with big buttons and stripped information on their screens in Etouchy). And, you must admit, that list view lacks of quite infos, which are avaible on Confluence. To be honest, I was shocked when I firstly choose Favourites in Estuary. I use to have like 10 Video shows via YT and favourite radios via Shoutcast, and instead neat list column I was amazed by big rectangles.. I was wondering, why? I controll my Kodi in living room via TV remote, and on desktop I have mouse, why would I want big buttons everywhere..

It's much more likely that kodi runs on a big screeen in your living room, isn't it?
Yes, I have "just" 48 inch TV, and even on that I have waste of space feeling with Estuary, in the contrast of missing infos mentioned above and in this topic. Why would I need like 3 relativelly big images of "selected" movie in view list thorough all my screen, when I didnt see IMDB rating and genre of movie.. Who would prefer that, in process of choosing, which movie from his video collection he want to play in the moment . I dont know anybody, who would choose film to watch based on name and movie poster+fanart. At least you leave Plot there, but .. genre? Why strip other usefull info, which Confluence users are used to have on the same screen (ie. list view, subtitle button in play screen)..

So why should we focus our default skin on a usecase that's not as common?
I would say, because you have that usecase implemented already (list view) & you are replacing the same one from predecessor. Why would you want to strip down his usefulness?

If you have all in one, ux will suffer on all platforms.
As I said above: Estuary vs Etouchy, List View vs Thumbnail View

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - by JimmySmith2 - 2016-08-05, 20:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9