v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2016-10-26, 16:07)voochi Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 15:33)_matt_ Wrote: At least the labels are grouped into audio flags on the left and video on the right. I think there's some benefit to that instead of just having a string of flags lumped together.

You can still group them like that if you want, without having them on opposite sides of the screen.

Im also not sure what the downside of 'lumping' them together is. These are all grouped under the category of technical flags.

With UI design we try to have one designated area for the list and then we consolidate all information about the highlighted item into a common region of the screen.

A mistake that a lot of skins make is that you have to look to one side of the screen for plot, another side for year, another corner for runtime etc. Too much 'hunting' around the screen. It can look fancy or even 'cool' in a static screenshot but the usability suffers heavily.

Estuary does not make this mistake for the most part.

I was just offering that as a probable rationale for why they're presented the way they are. I usually have those flags toggled off anyway. (It would be nice for them to be included somewhere in an item's info page, though.)

It's difficult to get too worked up over the flags in light of the more striking changes to InfoWall, though.

The full before/after comparison again for anyone out of the loop: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/188481

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - by _matt_ - 2016-10-26, 16:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9