v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
The easily accessible "update library" button was one of the first things the other users of my system missed with the new estuary. I liked it too, because although I have it mapped to a remote button, that button is unfortunately difficult to distinguish among the other small buttons around it.

(2016-12-01, 19:23)jmerrilljr Wrote: Are the "too large" category icons and thumbnails on the homepage a result of adaptive design requirements?

I think they're a result of a decision to make them just as wide as movie posters, episode thumbs, add-on icons, etc., as well as the change to showing a text label beneath each icon instead of the central button description used on v1.

(2016-12-01, 19:37)Shomei Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 22:47)mazey Wrote: why is the default background color greenish blue now not blue (the highlights/logo is still blue), looked better blue background.

+1
I dont like greenish blue background. =(
Blue background in previous version looks more professional and clean.
------
Not a fan of this progress indicator below the poster =\

If you go to Skin Settings > Artwork and change the background pattern to "Type 7", I think it is the pattern that was the previous v2 default.

Unfortunately, the strong vignette of that background image combined with the same effect in the skin itself results in a very, very dim appearance overall. I really miss the vibrant red of estuary v1. It was colorful but still easy enough on the eyes for nighttime viewing.

The new frame-less progress indicator shown beneath the poster is a small change that I like. It might be better if it's only shown when the item is in focus, though. And the half-filled circle icon seems redundant when the movie is already in a line-up titled "In progress movies."

(2016-12-01, 19:59)Shomei Wrote: I noticed that posters became smaller (main screen) in the current nightly. =(
They look great in previous build on 42' TV

Everything looks exactly the same size to me in the latest nightly. The only change I spot is a bit less padding beneath the Categories label, so everything below it shifted up a few pixels.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - by _matt_ - 2016-12-01, 21:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9