v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2016-12-04, 17:31)Forage Wrote: I requested it before, but with the latest changes, unfortunately the complete opposite has been done...
Why has the subtitle menu been turned into a separate dialog now? The result is even more effort (click to open the dialog, click to close it again) to simply determine if a subtitle is selected and if yes, which language.

Would it please be possible to make this a bit more prominent? What about displaying the current popup when switching the language also show as soon as you start/continue watching a movie? Just for knowing if something needs to be done (selecting/enabling/downloading a subtitle) instead of having to go there all the way each time you start a movie, just to find out you wasted your time again because there is already a proper subtitle enabled.

Also, in my opinion, the most important criteria for selecting a movie would be genre, length, year and rating, besides synopsis. The year helps a lot with franchise movies and the time is quite handy to know if you want/can watch a movie that long. To still have the length now, you also need to accept an overkill on info like audio and video quality and the year has been completely removed from most, if not all, views.
Could you please separate the length from the other info and display that one by default and reintroduce the year again?

I agree with everything you have said, it would make the skin much better, for example for me year and rating are the most important things and something like this would be awesome:

(2016-11-24, 23:21)jd17 Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 22:46)luna_s Wrote: Is the background image like this for everyone or just me ? 4k tv downsampled to 1080p/30
No, not just you. The color banding on all the backgrounds is horrible.
They must be really low bit depth.
That would not even bother me so much if I were able to switch to another background... which does not seem to be an option in new Estuary anymore.

I am also begging (again) to bring back the awesome "slide-out" for the currently selected item in Wall view, just as an option if I'm a minority in liking it.
Pretty please:

I also have a problem with favourites, I can not lunch favorited add-ons from there directly. I do not know if it is a skin problem or not, but I would like to launch Lazy TV from favourites and it is not working... The log says: PlayMedia could not play media: addons://user/script.lazytv , I think it attemps to run the add-on as media...

I think there are some things in Estuary Mod that could be implemented (maybe having more liberty in editing the main menu, for example, or some viewtypes, but overall this is a very nice improvement coming from confluence!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - by xtract47 - 2016-12-05, 01:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9