"Error: Unable to create the GUI. Exiting"
Just an fyi, I get the following error message when restarting Kodi after a force close. "Error: Unable to create the GUI. Exiting". I think the force close, either by Windows or manually, results from the graphical bug causing the black screen/flickering issues some people are experiencing. I have only experienced the black screen while setting up addons, never during playback.

Currently running:
Kodi "Jarvis" - Official Release v16.0
Windows 10 Pro (Legitimate)
Intel® Core™ i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB RAM
Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 250 GB

I'll try turning off all hardware rendering and see if it fixes the blackscreen issue
*UPDATE*

Even on software rendering, the black screen issue occurs. It has occured during video playback and while browsing pictures.
Enough tickets and threads raised on this subject.

Simple fact is that no one knows what is happening and why. No dev has this is so it's impossible to fix as crashlogs on this are useless.

Thanks now - ill get my coat.............
Two things. 1. It's not impossible to fix. Just because it isn't in the crash logs doesn't mean it's untraceable. Which leads me to......2. The more posts on this issue the better. Especially if it's not showing in the crash logs. That helps narrow down the problem.

I don't get the coat reference, but ok.
Ask Martijn he said this is the response to give and i'll get my coat means im gona get the hell out of here before something bad happens Smile

Nothing personal btw just passing on information.
Fair enough. Thanks.
I resolved the problem by disabling the Radeon Eyefinity feature for Kodi v16.0. I was previously using the Confluence skin successfully with Kodi 14.2 and Eyefinity.
(2016-03-06, 19:39)srelliott Wrote: I resolved the problem by disabling the Radeon Eyefinity feature for Kodi v16.0. I was previously using the Confluence skin successfully with Kodi 14.2 and Eyefinity.

Where did you disable it? Does it matter I'm running an Nvida card? Thanks in advance!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Error: Unable to create the GUI. Exiting"0