help for mmpa explanations.
*usual uncertainty from new user in regards to location; move this if needs be*

so i was wondering if there was a way to get kodi to display the mmpa explanations along side the mmpa label. it would really be helpful so that searches to imdb don't have to happen when deciding on which movie to watch. examples would be:

Rated PG-13 for intense action violence, disturbing images and some thematic elements

or
Rated R for language

or
Re rating: PG-13 for sexual humor, brief nudity, language and drug use.
If you use a media manager (Ember Media Manager is my personal choice) it can scrape that extra information for you. It's a bit tedious and can be very time consuming trying to tweak it to perfection.
hey thanks. will a media manager consume much more resources? my device doesn't have too much to spare. or is it sorta like the scrapper and it only runs when i update the library?
How are you watching your library? The media managers are installed programs OUTSIDE of kodi. So you would need to have an additional system (PC/Mac) to use the media managers. If you can't do that, then you're pretty much outta luck as far as managers. I'm not sure if kodi's scraper pull's that info, but if it does then it may be skin dependent to view that info. IIRC though, the scraper does NOT pull that info, which is the number 1 reason why I use ember media manager.
i have an old dual core pentium pc running windows, with an external drive that contains the media. i have kodi 16 installed.
Oh, then you are good to go man!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259449
so if i get this right ember finds more information and then puts that in a file. but i don't under stand how kodi would use this info and/or display it.
(2016-03-04, 03:49)ifiwasalive Wrote: so if i get this right ember finds more information and then puts that in a file. but i don't under stand how kodi would use this info and/or display it.

Yes correct, it will save all the information it scrapes into an .nfo file that sits next to your movie. This nfo file is the exact same thing that you are seeing in kodi already(rating, runtime, imdb rating&votes/title/year/cast/plot/trailer/etc etc), but with extra info as well. You can have as much/little info as you want, ember is VERY customizable. Depending on the skin that you use, it may/may not display that info. What skin are you using? I personally love aeon mq6.
just the default one. i haven't experimented much with them as i am worried that they will slow the computer too much and i haven't had any need to change it yet.
how do i get kodi to use this information?
all the skins that i have seen, i don't see how the mmpa descriptions would be displayed.
Anywhere it shows Rated "x" immediately the rating reason is followed. Here, take a look at a screenshot of my edited version of mq6:

http://imgur.com/cD7g3UB

If it's too big to fit on screen, it will scroll. I'm not sure if confluence (stock skin) can show it or not.
that's way cool. is that the aeon mq6 that you said you liked?
so in kodi would i just tell it to use local information only when setting up a directory?
so i cannot find a download for ember. it looks like the main site might be broken but i am not sure. maybe i'm looking in the wrong place something.

edit: never mind i realized you gave me the link above haha
(2016-03-04, 21:16)ifiwasalive Wrote: that's way cool. is that the aeon mq6 that you said you liked?
so in kodi would i just tell it to use local information only when setting up a directory?

Correct, that's aeon mq6, but I heavily modified it. I am hoping to release within the next month. Correct, once you have all your pictures/nfos you would need to re-add your movies using local information only scraper. Ember can be daunting, especially when you're trying to fine tune things, but it is worth the effort and loss of family time Rofl Rofl Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help for mmpa explanations.0