Profiles and Kodi Remote
Hi all, just setup a second profile for my kids and enabled the Profile Logon Screen (copied the Kids settings from my master profile with all (network) settings as needed). Now once I reboot and enter the Logon Screen my Kodi Remote doesn't work. I need to VNC to choose one profile and thereafter Kodi Remote works perfectly again. Just until I want to enter a menu item which I (on profile level) secured with an access code. Because as soon as I then see the little code enty screen Kodi Remote again doesn't function anymore. Then I have to use VNC to enter the code and directly after entering the code Kodi Remote lives up again. Somehow seems that WiFi access is being disabled every time authorisation (on profile level) is needed. Any help? I was just so happy with the profiles. So my daughter doesn't have to scroll through The Conjuring, Room 1408, ... before finding Princess Mia and the Flowers of Paradise. Any help much appreciated. Regards, Clen.
Regards and thanks for your help, CM
I had the same problem until I switched the Android app from the kore app to the yatse app then I had no problem switching between profiles
Tried various alternative Kodi remotes for iOS (Flex Remote, Sybu, ...). All the same issue. No access to the device once logged out or once the PIN screen pops up. Any help?
Found a great solution. Work with LoadProfile() in favourites.xml for all profiles. If password protected you need to add 'prompt' to the syntax. Enough posts can be found about this. Works great. Switching back and forth without getting disconnected. Kids now have their own environment and I can add any movie to master user library.
I found a solution that works for me using the official iOS Kodi Remote app and does not require modifying the skin or any settings on Kodi itself. I believe that the remote only loses connection when a profile "logs off" or, at startup before any profile has logged on. Here's how I get around that problem.

1. At startup, set Kodi to automatically log in to a non-password protected profile. That way, you can start controlling Kodi from the remote app as soon as it boots up.

2. Never "log off" from a profile. Instead, switch to another profile (without logging off) by following this procedure. On the Kodi remote app, add a custom button to activate the login screen, and use that to switch profiles, rather than logging out to see the login screen. Because you're not logging out before displaying the login screen, you can continue the profile login process without the remote app losing connection.

To add the button to the remote to activate the login screen (which you only need to do once), first make sure you're on the actual "remote control" screen in the app. Notice the gears icon at the top right. Tap that, then tap "more..." in the bottom left, and then tap "..." at the bottom. Select "Activate a specific window" from the list, then choose "loginscreen". Tap "Add window activation button".

Done. Now you have a "login screen" button on your remote. Use that to switch profiles and your remote won't lose connection.

Note: I have not verified that this works for profiles that have passwords. None of my profiles have a password. But I hope it would work for those profiles too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profiles and Kodi Remote0