Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)
I am aware that The ID2/ID3/APE meta-tags are not 100% well defined as far as tags go, but I have used a large number of other programs to read my library without having these kinds of problems that I have with Kodi. Even though the tagging may not have been totally consistent all the time, most programs will let you "see" how the interpretation is done so that you can easily drill down and find the reason for the discrepancies and correct it. But as long as I do not know what causes this, I'm in the blind.
I am reluctant to let any program "automatically" clean my library. I have used over 10 years to collect, archive and tag more than 250.000 tracks and I hate to see everything go down the drain in the blink of an eye. (Yes I do have backup, but still). I have yet to find any online source that has a tidier tagging than mine, including both Spotiy and Discogs. Their libraries are huge, yes - much larger than mine, but their tagging is not very clean and consistent, and often full of typos.

Could you explain why Musicbrainz can be trusted?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Kodi so unpredictable.... - by oyvindo - 2016-02-28, 21:31
RE: Why is Kodi so unpredictable.... - by bry - 2016-03-02, 14:45
RE: Why is Kodi so unpredictable.... - by bry - 2016-03-02, 15:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)0