Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)
Sorry that you are feeling exasperated but Kodi's behaviour is not random, the library entries are based on the tags. How the files are arranged, folder hierarchy, does not have any impact on the library, just the tags within them. Kodi may be behaving differently to other players because it does use Musicbrainz id tags if they are present whereas others do not. You say the Bee Gees albums are all tagged the same, but the outcome suggests that there must be differences that you are unaware of, probably Musicbrainz Ids in some, or a mix of tag types.

I do not think your problems are scraping related, but for future reference you can choose not to scrape at all, and you can choose not to override library data scanned from tags with the information gained online (no need to pull the plug!).

Not sure how big your library is, but if you could make your MyMusicXX.db file available to me I may be able to see what has happened.

Otherwise we need to look at the music files themselves, and since I don't want to download all of your Bee Gee collection, that means you looking at the tags. Take a look using Musicbarinz tagging software called Picard, you need not change anything just look at how these files are tagged and if there are any mbids in some of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Kodi so unpredictable.... - by DaveBlake - 2016-02-29, 11:36
RE: Why is Kodi so unpredictable.... - by bry - 2016-03-02, 14:45
RE: Why is Kodi so unpredictable.... - by bry - 2016-03-02, 15:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)0