Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)
Not a true headless kodi, it's a normal version of Kodi with the gui turned off, to manage it you need to know scripting to make use of http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API
(2016-03-06, 17:34)jjd-uk Wrote: Not a true headless kodi, it's a normal version of Kodi with the gui turned off, to manage it you need to know scripting to make use of http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API

.... and a good stretch i the right direction, wouldn't you say? Wink
More on the subject of unpredictability (and feedback in general - as DaveBlake requested).

CONTEXT MENUS FOR LIBRARY ITEMS
To activate context menus for library items, one must use a mouse and point directly on the actual item (Song, Artist, Album, Library etc.) before right-clicking. Just moving the focus around using the arrow keys on the keyboard will not work. If you do, and then right-click, Kodi just execute like the Escape key were pressed.

It took me days to figure that one out.....
I do not know if this behaviour intentional, or if it has to do with the way Kodi is implemented in HD Station, or if this is only while using the HDMI UI, but in my opinion - it demonstrates another inconsistency in Kodi.

(Note that this is not meant as pointless criticism, but hopefully will be interpreted as useful feedback to both users and developers alike...)
Could be a bug or just another case where Kodi is not really optimised for mouse usage, if using keyboard to navigate then use C key to activate context menu.
Thank you for pointing out the 'C' (which I remember now that you mentioned it). But it is just not possible to remember every possible and impossible command key combination that programmers have implemented in their creations. Especially as I use quite a number of different computer programs in my daily work. And I must say, I do not wish to return to days of Wordstar (1980) which alone had over 100+ shortcut key combinations. It's successor WordPerfect, had a few too, but probably not as many as 100. I manage to remember that in most Microsoft programs, you can press ctrl-B to get Bold characters - except for the Norwegian version where you have to press ctrl-f (Fat), which in Excel means Find...
You see where I'm getting?
Key commands are only useful if you use them every day. (and not too many at a time)
But I agree with you, it is probably a bug. and that's forgivable. :-)
Kodi is optimised for remote usage so no remembering of masses of keyboard keys required, for example I have C mapped to a menu key on my remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)0