Node-red and Kodi
Hello,

I'm new in Kodi world.

I have a functional Kodi installation on Raspbery pi.
I would like to send and receive commands to kodi by node-red. I already have a kodi websocket defined in node-red, and I receive the messages emitted by kodi. But I'm unable to send a single "play/pause" command...
Does anybody had success with node-red + kodi ?

churchill
As I needed to command only a few features from kodi, I've installed the (great) mqtt plugin[1] to use with Node-red. So my problem is actually solved.

churchill

[1] https://github.com/owagner/kodi2mqtt
(2016-03-03, 00:38)churchill Wrote: Hello,

I'm new in Kodi world.

I have a functional Kodi installation on Raspbery pi.
I would like to send and receive commands to kodi by node-red. I already have a kodi websocket defined in node-red, and I receive the messages emitted by kodi. But I'm unable to send a single "play/pause" command...
Does anybody had success with node-red + kodi ?

churchill

We've developed appropriate koi plugin node-red-contrib-kodi: https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-red-contrib-kodi
It has all functions you need and also stable tcp/ws connection with timeouts, ping, reconnect.

If you need some more info, contact me: [email protected].
Hi,

I hope it's ok to bump an old thread. I have installed this node-red package but when I enter my IP address it always show as inactive. I am running LibreELEC version 7.0.3, which is kodi 16.1. Should it still work on this version?

Thank you,

Mike
(2017-01-07, 16:20)mikecay Wrote: Hi,

I hope it's ok to bump an old thread. I have installed this node-red package but when I enter my IP address it always show as inactive. I am running LibreELEC version 7.0.3, which is kodi 16.1. Should it still work on this version?

Thank you,

Mike

It should work with such versions.
And node will be in status 'inactive' until you'll try to send some command to Kodi.
How can I make a node red dashboard entry of played file en time played from the mqtt messages.
I have tried a json converter that works voor total time / play time but on deploymend we are getting errors.
The played file is in error when I use json.
What is the correct string voor making een dashboard entry in node red?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Node-red and Kodi0