Braswell Box: Kodi 16 or Kodi 17 with EGL ?
Hi there,

I'm a bit confused.
I'm testing a box with N3150 in use with Kodi / TVHeadend.
I tried to understand as much as possible in the last 3 Days, but I really can't decide what to use:

"Standard" 15.10 Ubuntu with Kodi 16 (and without these new optimizations of this EGL Stuff Thread)
"Alpha" Kodi 17 with Ubuntu 15 (but every is still less or more buggy in case of PVR, tvheadend ...)

So what's the exact advantage in using the EGL Versions ?
I only want to use 1080p Stuff , but with best quality. Is this EGL Build also best for this scenario ?
Is 1080p without EGL builds completely gpu accelerated and with good quality (deinterlace stuff with SD?)

A Big Thank You in advance for any hints and explanations :-)

PS: I really would like to use some of the new Kodi 16 pvr.hts stuff, so 15.2 is not an option.
Exact advantage: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955 <- read the first post, please - it even has pictures.

In short: perfect colors,twice the performance cause decoded data is not copied but directly used.

Everything besides EGL for Intel sucks hard ... because of banding and performance issues.

PS: There is no v16 EGL version - as it was decided internally that EGL needs to wait for v17 ... so we are on v17 already.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-03-03, 09:03)fritsch Wrote: Everything besides EGL for Intel sucks hard ... because of banding and performance issues.

Ah, ok.
Then I will wait a little longer before buying a new all-in-one mainboard.
I tested N3150 with 15.10+EGL Repos and also openelec 7.0 EGL.
But for me it's still too "beta", especially when using together with tvheadend.

But thanks for your answer and your work with that EGL stuff.
Better wait until tvheadend releases a stable release ... that has all the bugs fixed we pointed out to them in the last few weeks.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Braswell Box: Kodi 16 or Kodi 17 with EGL ?0