• 22(current)
Feature Requests
I would really like to be able to see a list of actors in the movies overview. You can see director, write and duration but not actors untill you select the movie and hit I.

At least i havent found a way to see them on the overview
I would love to see for TV show views a little indicator of when the next episode is coming up - title name / date similar to how Xperience1080 does it. As not everyonr will want to use the add-on that gives this info it could be made in to an option in the settings menu?

Sent from my LG-H815
logo views please
(2016-11-23, 06:53)mystic84 Wrote: logo views please

Needs inbuilt logo scraper first, once that's in, the default skin views will be easy enough.
Would be nice if someone could skin up the TVShow - Next Aired for the new skin as it's still using the Confluence style
Estuary Next Gen

Folder indicator is missing.

---------
Option to disable clock

When setting content, is it possible to have an option like "Home Movies" or to allow "None" to have a poster view as at the moment the only view type is widelist.

I have notice that when entering folders from favourites, that Widelist is also the only option and would like to be able to alternative viewtype views if possible.

Really enjoy the skin, it has really progressed over the last few months.
Estuary Next Gen.
Option to disable on-screen keyboard. On-screen keyboard is useless when you control your HTPC with mini-keyboard. It is impossible to use navigation keys and Enter. Very annoying. =/

The main menu on the original version wrapped around, so when pressing down from the power button it selected the search box at the top. It would be great to have that back to make it quicker to select the item you need.
Pressing up from the top power button should select the bottom menu item and pressing down on the bottom menu item should select the first menu item.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2016-11-27, 00:58)Shomei Wrote: Estuary Next Gen.
Option to disable on-screen keyboard. On-screen keyboard is useless when you control your HTPC with mini-keyboard. It is impossible to use navigation keys and Enter. Very annoying. =/

That's a core-kodi issue and not a skin issue, though. From what someone told me a long time ago, it would be pretty hacky to have a toggle for turning the OSD keyboard on or off, and Estuary is not the place for hacks. Better to request this as a core Kodi feature in the feature request forum.
(2016-11-27, 11:39)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-11-27, 00:58)Shomei Wrote: Estuary Next Gen.

That's a core-kodi issue and not a skin issue, though. From what someone told me a long time ago, it would be pretty hacky to have a toggle for turning the OSD keyboard on or off, and Estuary is not the place for hacks. Better to request this as a core Kodi feature in the feature request forum.

Ok, done http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298087
thx for the new version!!!
Now i can read "more" on my 55 inch sitting 4meters away Big Grin

Here are some thoughts to take the WAF to a level where Estuary is usable for my wife and my kids Rofl
  • Font is bigger than in v1 and not so much space is wasted. But guide & some series/movies view is very hard to read.
    Ill know there was really long discussions about this. Its nice to see that some user feedback is now implemented.
  • Support for script.skinshortcuts (this is usefull to point to kids movies & series from main menu)
  • Widgets are really nice but not configurable? In my case i also need this to not show the "bad" movies/series to my kids

Nice to see progress on the skin.

thx
pOpY
(2016-11-27, 05:46)Leopold Wrote: The main menu on the original version wrapped around, so when pressing down from the power button it selected the search box at the top. It would be greate to have that back to make it quicker to select the item you need.
Pressing up from the top power button should select the bottom menu item and pressing down on the bottom menu item should select the first menu item.

It's interesting that the main Home menu doesn't wrap around, but the add-ons menu does. Either they both should, or they both shouldn't. My preference would be the former.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The home menu now wraps in latest builds eg. #1127 Milhouse builds (commit)

Thanks @phil65!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,

I've had a play with V2 and must say it's a much better improvement over the original... I could see V1 getting outdated rather quickly.
The addition of the Node editor is a wayyy overdue, a feature that most people who have used a skin Shortcuts compatible skins would know is nearly impossible to live without.

If i may, 2 more "MUST HAVE" things that need to be added that would make this the skin of choice:

1. The ability to reorder and rename the main menu items (perhaps Node editor can be extended to cope with this?)
For me, the first item in the list should be TV, followed by Movies, then Shows etc... it doesn't sound like much, but organisation is a particular taste and should not really be decided for the user by default

2. The ability to use Extended Info script to display user defined widgets and the ability to disable/enable the default widgets.
Personally, I don't care to see "unwatched movies" or "random movies" or "movie sets" as these are all accessable through submenu categories and plus, i have my library sorted by 'date added' so "recently added" is always at the top of the list when viewing my library. Also, if i haven't updated my library in a while it can become boring rather quickly looking at the same content on the homescreen day in day out. What i would like to be able to see is "upcoming movies" or "Popular TV shows" etc... information that is available through the extended info addon from TheMovieDB information that is fresh and interesting, information that is constantly updating and connecting the user to the outside world.
Also addon information, like YouTube subscription listings etc...

I do have a subtle suggestion on aesthetics :

1. Perhaps change the "widgets" to wraplists and have them autoscroll so that the homescreen is not appearing to be so static when idle.
Do not do this for the "categories" section as having the categories auto scroll would not be navigationally friendly.

something like this:
<control type="wraplist" id="$PARAM[list_id]">
<autoscroll time="10000">!Control.HasFocus(5001)</autoscroll>
<scrolltime tween="back" easing="out">900</scrolltime>

2. Perhaps make the focused items 'pulse' slowly when highlighted

for example Something like this on control id:9000 focused layout
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="40" time="1800" pulse="true" condition="Control.HasFocus(9000)" tween="sine" easing="out">Conditional</animation>

This will make an otherwise static experience breathe a little bit of life and can be adapted throughout the skin. It doesn't sound like much, but it's subtle movements that the brain needs to see that makes user interaction so much more of an enjoyable experience than just 'pointing and clicking' so to speak. it makes things feel so much more responsive.

please, give these suggestions some serious consideration as i believe they will greatly improve on what's been created already.

Keep up the great work guys,

Loggio
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3