• 28(current)
Feature Requests
horizontal menu bar
Feature Request: Quick filter (Search) on top and always available in the media menu
----------

Windows Explorer and most of programs have search that is on top which results in fast filtering.
However, Kodi lacks this but it's possible to implement with slight skin modification.
If we enable filtering everywhere and position it on top we can achieve a very similar result, resulting in a fast to access search feature from anywhere within Kodi.

While using a keyboard this is extremely useful, you can type the name of the show immediately and you will find it. Just press the left arrow and type the show name to find it.
This is already possible, I've achieved it by modifying the XML of Includes_MediaMenu.
But I hope to see it implemented and improved further officially.

Here is a small GIF of what I achieved, for clarification purposes, and hope that it will be considered officially. Truly useful for keyboard users.
Wow yes, I'd love such a search filter!
im only finding 2 viewtypes, icons and list in the skin. can you add some to match steam banners? also, i am a hivemind user, I uninstalled hivemind and am now making my own build, but alienwares hivemind install has this one very useful addon pre installed. its this addon that automatically rips ur steam library and all of the images to the games folder. the button is called "find games", and it auto updates the games library. theres alot of useful features in that build for tv pc gamers that you should try to add
can you make it easy to run a script when launching an addon, and run a script when closing the addon? im talking about the menu that comes up in the steam addon. when u edit the options u can run a script when opening steam, and when closing it. steam does this to suspend kodi and re open it when steam closes. Im using my xbox controller and want to run gopher 360 when launching chrome, discord, or any other program that needs a mouse, and i would like it to close automatically when i close the program. the controller support u guys added has been working great.
alphabetical ordering in channel list (the channel list while watching live tv)
More customizable menus, similar to Skin Shortcuts (possiblity to add new menus / submenus and reorder menus).
(2017-02-03, 23:59)krisu Wrote: More customizable menus, similar to Skin Shortcuts (possiblity to add new menus / submenus and reorder menus).

Yes that would make estuary nearly perfect. I need exactly this! Wink
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
When downloading subtitles, the download popup with the list of subtitles doesn't scroll the (selected) subtitle name.

Some subtitles names are so long, they don't fit completely in the window. This means you can't read the release name, preventing you from making a good educated guess as to which subtitle is the best match for the video file. Would it be possible to add sideways scrolling to the (selected) subtitle file? (I was used to this in Confluence)

Kind regards,

Remco
It's more of a Kodi core request but I don't know where to post that : it would be more practical to have an option in the contextual menu of a movie to remove the playing status (reset to "not started"). Because it's a pain in the *$$ to play from the start each film that we don't want to see on the home screen and wait a few seconds before hitting stop and seeing it disappear (which usually does not work and it stays at "resume at 40:03" for example...).
Deleted and replaced by my next +1 Blush
(2017-01-25, 01:44)kaygee Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 23:08)Trillium Wrote: I'd like to suggest a feature to allow users to move the horizontal grouping list order for the default movie and tv categories.

For example, the default groupings in the movies category list from top to bottom is:

1) In Progress Movies
2) Recently Added Movies
3) Unwatched Movies
4) Random Movies

It would be nice if the user could set Recently Added Movies to the top of the list, for instance.

Thanks for the consideration.

And/Or to be able to remove some of the groupings altogether and/or add your own custom groupings

+1
I am using Kodi 17 (Krypton) since yesterday. Love the new Estuary skin! I used the skin "Mimic" in Jarvis. I don't like the new version of that skin, so I tried the default skin, estuary. I must say that I love the look and feel of the new skin. There is only one thing that I really am missing. I also posted this on a Dutch forum called "Tweakers" and some people agree:
I miss the rating of movies and episodes. There are two ways to view the ratings:
- Open the information screen for a movie or episode
- Sort movies or episodes by rating

I hate both ways. I don't want to do so much extra work to see the rating of a movie or episode, and I just want my movies sorted by name, not by rating and still be able to see the (IMDB) rating of a movie.

Is it possible to implement this so that the rating is displayed next to the release year? Or at the bottom of the screen, next to the quality of the episode/movie?

That would be great!
more info-media label on films section
I like the new skin, but it doesn't seem to be mouse friendly enough. e.g.: the side menú goes away too fast, and when going through a list of series/movies/whatever, it scrolls too fast, wich sometimes forces me to use the keyboard Tongue

Is there an option or something I havent seem?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3