• 1(current)
Feature Requests
Please add feature requests here. The main thread is already nine pages and it's hard to keep track of what people would like.

Not all requests will make it in, but it's worth asking. Please check if what you're requesting has already been asked.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
- Audio and video formats from "info" page added to at least some of the "Views" (DolbyHD, DTS, 5.1, 7.1, H264, MPEG4, etc etc)
- PVR channel logo support, maybe with on/off selection
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
- For new users the content menu is hard to discover it would be great if the use hovers over a item that a content menu button would show at right or left.
- Item on the main screen are missing the info and content menu options.
(2016-03-03, 17:44)dr88dr88 Wrote: - Item on the main screen are missing the info and content menu options.

Please explain.

Request1: for pvr home meny: Dont hide live tv behind menu , please have a large preview window

Request 2: We have views to choose in tvshows and movies so can we please have some more views in pvr ?
I would like to request a mini timeline epg , something like this but maybe only 3 lines

Request 3 : is for a "low list" channel list with epg info for live tv

Something like this but with channel logo instead of movieposter and epg info instead of movie info and the tv channels in the middle, i always miss the epg info when im channel surfing.
Copied from the main thread:

(2016-03-02, 17:30)scudlee Wrote: Any chance of an "In progress TV shows" button on the TV shows submenu?

The widget only shows the most recent 10, and the path to get to the node is a little long/non-intuitive (either go down to Videos and across to the Library root, or go to the Library root in the TV Shows menu and then press back to go up a level.)

Alternatively, any chance to remove the limit on the widget, or is that performance-related?
(2016-03-03, 18:22)Piers Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 17:44)dr88dr88 Wrote: - Item on the main screen are missing the info and content menu options.

Please explain.

In the library when I press the content menu I get the get the conten menu options, on the main screen this does not work.
In the library when I press the info button I get additional information, on the main screen this does not work.
(2016-03-03, 21:33)dr88dr88 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 18:22)Piers Wrote:

Please explain.

In the library when I press the content menu I get the get the conten menu options, on the main screen this does not work.
In the library when I press the info button I get additional information, on the main screen this does not work.

It´s context menu Wink
That feature would have to be implemented in core, not in skin.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Would it make the skin too heavy to add blu ray case art like the Aeon skins do? Makes everything look much nicer imho.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
One thing that bothers me that you do not see the channels logo. You have to go on channel and then you will see it. It makes visual selection much harder since there are no logos with channel names that was helpful to quickly see what channel is.

Second what i did like on confluence was that you could watch channel even when not on full screen. In small screen you was able to watch channel. I do no see the point of overlying the live tv because it has no point. I hope you will implement small screen livetv option like in confluence. Confluence design was nearly perfect for LiveTV so no need for drastic changes

I really like the progress bar being presented in overview and also with larger option when you move to the channel.

Also when watching LiveTV if you go on home screen there is no option to stop the stream like it was on Confluence. You have to go back to full screen and then from menu stop the stream. It is time consuming and I think people with less joggling experiences will have problems.

Also maybe useful would be to make a default a long press on ok button to switch full screen.

Also changing view like list, icons in video selection will be useful but i think this is just not yet implemented.
(2016-03-04, 02:50)patseguin Wrote: Would it make the skin too heavy to add blu ray case art like the Aeon skins do? Makes everything look much nicer imho.

They make everything look hideous, but it is possible to do.

At one point the idea was floated (I think? It's been a while) of making a favorites "widget". Is that still something that might be possible at this stage? It would take care of most of the people who want some kind of customization, as well as the people who wanted a bigger favorites presence.
Copied from the main thread and hoping this comes reality:

I would love to have subtitle download even more easily on hand.

reFocus has a very clever, easy and fast way to do it: you just press ok and this screen shows up:
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
- star ratings(user rating) on music track lists
Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread earlier. Here's the same list of feedback with a few additional comments:

I've been playing with the skin for a bit now. It's didn't take me long to find my way around the UI so IMHO you guys did a good job making it clear and simple as it should be. I can't say I really have a preference for the old default skin or this one, but still.

A few initial comments:
  1. To changing text ("Find movies...", "Find music...", etc) in the search box on the home screen is really distracting. I think I understand that you did it to be clear about its capabilities, but it keep drawing my attention each time it changes. This is a no-go for me. Please consider a fixed text.
  2. The "HD" and "SD" labels in the movie list are not that important to have it there behind the date if you ask me. It clutters the UI, with some movies having the label and some don't, too much to make it worth it. You'll probably watch the movie either way, no matter the quality. I'd consider removing it completely, maybe having it just in the movie details next to the codec.
  3. Is the movie date that important to have it behind the movie in the list itself as well as in the details next to it? That the same data in the same view twice is redundant I think. It's probably not going to affect your choice so I wouldn't consider it important enough to have it in the list itself.
  4. Please consider squeezing in the movie genre in the list view so you can directly see it while browsing through your collection. That's the one thing I missed in the previous skin a well.
  5. Also, the genre is a bit hidden now if you go look at the movie details. I was searching it in the list on the right with the other details. The top bar isn't something you'd look at often.
  6. I'd love to see the option back to prevent the background from changing. It's a lot of changing in the background when browsing for something you can't really see anyway. More distracting then useful if you ask me.

I feel that the video player OSD needs some additional love.
  1. You now have to go to "complex" menu's to see which audio stream is used and which subtitle track. In both cases it's the language that's most important to know because there are often multiple streams without a consistent default. It would be good to see this directly in the OSD.
  2. Changing those same stream takes more steps by navigating through multiple dialogs now while it's something people would regularly use
  3. The icons on the lower right give you a "tooltip/description" all the way at the left. This isn't a really efficient way to navigate ;-)
  4. At least with one subtitle present, pressing the subtitle button switches it on an off. This isn't very obvious without at least some additional persistent visual clue that something is switched on/off.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3