• 1(current)
Release PlexKodiConnect: natively integrate Plex and Kodi
PlexKodiConnect (PKC)
Image Image 

Combine the best frontend media player Kodi with the best multimedia backend server Plex
PKC combines the best of Kodi - ultra smooth navigation, beautiful and highly customizable user interfaces and playback of any file under the sun - and the Plex Media Server. PKC is integration done right and offers you much more than the official Plex for Kodi add-on

Download and Installation
Install PKC via the PlexKodiConnect Kodi repository download button just below. See the github wiki installation manual for a detailed guide. Please use the stable version except if you really know what you're doing. Kodi will update PKC automatically.

Image  Image

What does PlexKodiConnect do?
PKC synchronizes your media from your Plex server to the native Kodi database. Hence:
  • Use virtually any other Kodi add-on
  • Use any Kodi skin, completely customize Kodi's look - unlike the official Plex for Kodi add-on
  • Browse your media at full speed with cached artwork
  • Automatically get additional artwork, more than Plex offers
  • Enjoy Plex features using the Kodi interface: Plex Companion, trailers, and more

Warning
Use at your own risk! This plugin assumes that you manage all your videos with Plex (and none with Kodi). You might lose data already stored in the Kodi video and music databases as this plugin directly changes them. Don't worry if you want Plex to manage all your media (like you should ;-)).
Some people argue that PKC is 'hacky' because of the way it directly accesses the Kodi database. See here for a more thorough discussion.
reserved if space above runs out, just in case :-)
Hey great job on this, works great. Only thing i notice is i have a TON of media files and after awhile plexkodiconnect status bar stops and never moves. Not sure if its locking up or just not refreshing the info its processing.

Edit: I have 2265 items to sync but it got to "Downloaded: 367. Processed 266: Season 3. and locks up.
Still having issues? Please report them on the Plex forum
Just Installed this and it works great so far. This looks like it's going to allow me to replace emby!

Nice work! I'm surprise more people haven't picked up on this!
~Raze
I have an webos LG and kodi installed to a windows network pc.

If I install plexkodi connect in kodi and plex app in lg tv would it be possible to watch kodi channels through LAN from PC to TV?
Getting lacking dependencies in Kodi 17
Install using the repo. See here: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConn...stallation
Does PlexKodiConnect support movie extras?
hey all coming backto kodi since i got my HT setup and want a scope look.

but question with PlexKodiConnect, can i not use kodi built in features and/or add-ons like trailer preview and cinema experience?
Hi,
I'm trying PlexKodiConnect. I saw it isn't compatible with mysql setup, i have it, should i disable it in advancedsettings.xml or PKC will ignore it automaticly ?

Thanks
What is the difference between Plexconnect and the official Plex add-on?
(2017-02-22, 18:26)ToXIc69 Wrote: hey all coming backto kodi since i got my HT setup and want a scope look.

but question with PlexKodiConnect, can i not use kodi built in features and/or add-ons like trailer preview and cinema experience?

You should be able to use every Kodi feature you can think of. You might need to use Direct Paths though.

(2017-08-23, 09:30)nonob Wrote: Hi,
I'm trying PlexKodiConnect. I saw it isn't compatible with mysql setup, i have it, should i disable it in advancedsettings.xml or PKC will ignore it automaticly ?

Thanks

Remove your MySQL completely. You also want to delete the folder Database in your Kodi userdata folder before installing PKC, just to be safe.

(2017-09-26, 15:14)joostzilla Wrote: What is the difference between Plexconnect and the official Plex add-on?

In a nutshell:
- The official Plex for Kodi add-on is an entire "program" on top of Kodi. You cannot customize the interface with skins. You generally cannot use any Kodi features.
- PlexKodiConnect syncs the Plex metadata to Kodi, so everything appears "natural". You can in principle use all the Kodi functions (you might need to use Direct Paths though). You can use any skin you want.
Also see here: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/wiki/faq
(2017-09-26, 15:14)joostzilla Wrote: What is the difference between Plexconnect and the official Plex add-on?

In a nutshell:
- The official Plex for Kodi add-on is an entire "program" on top of Kodi. You cannot customize the interface with skins. You generally cannot use any Kodi features.
- PlexKodiConnect syncs the Plex metadata to Kodi, so everything appears "natural". You can in principle use all the Kodi functions (you might need to use Direct Paths though). You can use any skin you want.
Also see here: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/wiki/faq

Thanks for the explanation. I already use PlexKodiConnect for a while and it works perfect. So no reason for me to switch :-)
In Plex i have a Sort Title included with all my movies. Unfortunately i haven't been able to use the Sort Title as sort method in Kodi.
Anyone any idea how to get this to work?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlexKodiConnect: natively integrate Plex and Kodi0