720p 16:9 video playing at 1280x1024
I've just upgraded to Kodi 16.0 from 15.2 and I've found that the majority of my 25fps 720p 16:9 videos are now playing back at 1280x1024 resolution. My system is an Asus E45M1-I Deluxe with AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics running Ubuntu 14.04. My system was originally setup according to this guide so "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "sync playback to display" have always been turned on as per the instructions, but these videos always used to playback properly at 1280x720 in previous Kodi versions.

kodi.log

Please let me know if you require further information.

Thank you.
Is it possible that this change is responsible for my problem? If so, is there anyway to disable it because it is choosing a completely inappropriate resolution to switch to? There is a comment in there which hints at being able to disable it in advancedsettings.xml, how do I do that?

Thanks.
Just disable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" - it makes no sense on your HW anyways if you drive the system at 1280x720

Why don't you use the 1920x1080 mode of your TV?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Okay I'll just disable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video". I thought it was important because it was specified in the setup guide.

Because it's a 720p television, it seems a bit daft for Kodi to upscale to 1080p only for the TV to downscale it back down again.

Thanks.
From the output the TV also announced Full HD that's what made me wonder. But yes you are right, just keep that setting disabled.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720p 16:9 video playing at 1280x10240