• 97(current)
Release MLB.TV®
(2024-04-19, 16:53)thromer Wrote:
(2024-04-19, 16:33)tonywagner Wrote: Most addons with a menu don't auto-play videos on start, and I think this is a reason why -- if a menu never loads, there's no menu to go back to, and you sort of get locked out of the menu altogether!

It might be best to move auto-play functionality into a separate addon. The separate addon could be dead-simple, just a couple lines of code to require the MLBTV addon and call it like:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia("plugin://plugin.video.mlbtv/?mode=111")'

Then mode 111 in the MLBTV addon could call the auto-play function, with the one-time per day limit removed.

I'll give it a try, thanks!

Even easier: we can make a list in the addon of dedicated team live streams (with logos!), and then users can add them to their Kodi favorites, etc.

I'm working on some addon changes now, so I'll keep this in mind.
(2024-04-20, 16:24)jpage4500 Wrote:
(2024-04-18, 01:33)tonywagner Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 22:24)jpage4500 Wrote: It's been happening a lot on the Mets vs Pirates game I'm watching.

4/17/24, Pirates @ Mets, SNY video, at 3:28:20

It's also happened on most of the commercials before that -- this is just the one I'm looking at right now.

The commercial itself is just this Google Cloud AI one (image below)

Thanks. That Google "commercial" is just their new break slate (replacing the old "Commercial Break In Progress" screen).

The "skip commercials" option in the add-on actually looks for where MLB dynamically inserts ads into the stream and skips those times, so it's possible they're not inserting ads at every break and so the add-on just plays the slate.

You could try instead the "skip breaks" option in the add-on -- that skips all inning breaks based on logged game events, so it's probably more consistent.

I was using skip all breaks for every game I've watched so far this year. But, today I decided to try skip commercials instead and it's actually skipped all of them! Maybe just coincidence though.

Anyway, if there's any extra debug/logging thing I can do to help if it happens again let me know. Honestly even if the skip doesn't work automatically just being able to skip them manually beats the MLB site with forced commercials!

Can you go back to the 4/17 PIT@NYM archived stream and recreate the issue? Then let me know the timestamp where the "skip breaks" option fails to skip a break.
(2024-04-20, 17:12)tonywagner Wrote:
(2024-04-19, 16:53)thromer Wrote:
(2024-04-19, 16:33)tonywagner Wrote: Most addons with a menu don't auto-play videos on start, and I think this is a reason why -- if a menu never loads, there's no menu to go back to, and you sort of get locked out of the menu altogether!

It might be best to move auto-play functionality into a separate addon. The separate addon could be dead-simple, just a couple lines of code to require the MLBTV addon and call it like:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia("plugin://plugin.video.mlbtv/?mode=111")'

Then mode 111 in the MLBTV addon could call the auto-play function, with the one-time per day limit removed.

I'll give it a try, thanks!

Even easier: we can make a list in the addon of dedicated team live streams (with logos!), and then users can add them to their Kodi favorites, etc.

I'm working on some addon changes now, so I'll keep this in mind.

Sounds cool! I got the approach you initially suggested working here: https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin....tv/pull/70, use it as you see fit.
New to this thread. Can someone show me the link to instructions on how I can install this app? I've been looking for an MLB ad-killer for quite a while. Thanks!
(2024-04-23, 01:09)alasseter Wrote: New to this thread. Can someone show me the link to instructions on how I can install this app? I've been looking for an MLB ad-killer for quite a while. Thanks!

Well, first you'll need to install Kodi. https://kodi.tv/download/

Once that is installed on your device, run Kodi, go the "Addons" section, and you should be able to install the unofficial MLB.TV addon.
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2