• 87(current)
Release MLB.TV®
(2019-07-04, 01:09)Dixon Butz Wrote: WTF! This feed is starting to get ads! Yankees/Mets game away feed, YES network. MF ad for Outback Steakhouse on a loop!

Might be time to resurrect the "BasesLoaded" addon:
311910 (thread)

Or this "Game Changer" site:
https://www.thebaseballgauge.com/GameChanger.php
Sad 
FUCKING MLB.TV still has this ad shit!! ┌∩┐༼ ºل͟º ༽┌∩┐

Same friggn' loop every half inning! It is a one second add loop. Like a GIF. One second forward, one second backward. FTS DAN's!
LOOK AT THIS! 
https://twitter.com/i/status/1146874920217038849

EVERYONE NEEDS TO COMPLAIN ON THEIR TWITTER FEED! This is BS!!!
https://twitter.com/hashtag/mlbtv?lang=en
Anyone know what other devices that uses the same feed as this KODI feed?
A workaround for now: you can pause on the commercial break screen in Kodi, so you're at least not seeing the motion. Then unpause after a minute or two and skip ahead to the live point again.

I'll look into some more automated methods too. In theory, one could script a single button press in Kodi to pause, wait 90 seconds, unpause, and skip ahead 90 seconds... EDIT: Done! See my post below for the code.
(2019-07-07, 20:35)tonywagner Wrote: A workaround for now: you can pause on the commercial break screen in Kodi, so you're at least not seeing the motion. Then unpause after a minute or two and skip ahead to the live point again.

I'll look into some more automated methods too.

You can't pause it.
(2019-07-07, 20:36)Dixon Butz Wrote:
(2019-07-07, 20:35)tonywagner Wrote: A workaround for now: you can pause on the commercial break screen in Kodi, so you're at least not seeing the motion. Then unpause after a minute or two and skip ahead to the live point again.

I'll look into some more automated methods too.

You can't pause it.   

What do you mean? You can pause anything in Kodi.

I just saved this as "comskip.py" in my Kodi userdata folder:

python:
#!/usr/bin/python
import xbmc
import time

seconds_to_skip=90
xbmc.Player().pause()
time.sleep(seconds_to_skip)
if xbmc.getCondVisibility("Player.Paused"):
  xbmc.Player().pause()
  xbmc.Player().seekTime(seconds_to_skip)

Then I assigned it to the "7" key on my keyboard/remote with this code in my Kodi userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml file:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <Global>
    <keyboard>
      <seven>XBMC.RunScript(special://userdata/comskip.py)</seven>
    </keyboard>
  </Global>
</keymap>

Works perfectly! I just press "7" whenever it goes to commercial break and I don't have to see that Outback Steakhouse animation (just a still image).
I can't get that to work. Kodi portable. Confluence skin..
Also have the comskip in the portable userdata folder.
This is correct?

(2019-07-07, 22:13)Dixon Butz Wrote: I can't get that to work. Kodi portable. Confluence skin..
Also have the comskip in the portable userdata folder.
This is correct?

First, you need to remove the "XMLCopy" from the end of the keyboard.xml content.

Next, I don't think you have the right userdata folder for comskip.py? It should go in the same userdata folder as the keymaps folder -- so in your case, try moving it to D:\Kodi18\portable_data\userdata\ (in addition to keymaps, there should be a bunch of things already there by default, like addon_data, cache, Databases, playlists, Savestates, Thumbnails, etc.).

You could put the comskip.py file in any folder, of course -- you'd just have to change the path in the keyboard.xml file. I just thought it was easiest to use the userdata folder.
I tried again. I can not pause MLB video at all. I tried a clean Kodi normal install too. I can't pause MLB video. You can pause it without the scrip? MLB can be paused out of the box?
On the default skin, there is only a stop button when video is playing. Confluence, the buttons are grayed.
(2019-07-07, 23:56)Dixon Butz Wrote: I tried again. I can not pause MLB video at all. I tried a clean Kodi normal install too. I can't pause MLB video. You can pause it without the scrip? MLB can be paused out of the box?
On the default skin, there is only a stop button when video is playing. Confluence, the buttons are grayed.

Not sure. Have you also enabled the Inputstream Adaptive addon? That's what I use for MLB playback. It should be included in Kodi by default but is also disabled by default, I think.
(2019-07-08, 00:06)tonywagner Wrote:
(2019-07-07, 23:56)Dixon Butz Wrote: I tried again. I can not pause MLB video at all. I tried a clean Kodi normal install too. I can't pause MLB video. You can pause it without the scrip? MLB can be paused out of the box?

Not sure. Have you also enabled the Inputstream Adaptive addon? That's what I use for MLB playback. It should be included in Kodi by default but is also disabled by default, I think. 
Ok let me try that thank you!
Thanks Tony! Yes it can be paused and I can press 7. Tried on my portable version.
They went back to the new 2019 commercial break in progress screen like they had earlier this year! FINALLY!
They have a new loop between innings starting yesterday. MF'kers
app still working, hoping this wolk continu this season
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2